• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third party latex for HP 365

teampix

Founder, President, Janitor
Anyone successfully using third party latex ink in their HP 365? I've tried 2 suppliers of 831 inks to no avail. We just keep getting a "faulty ink cartridge" error message. Tried the suggested cold reboot but no joy.

AKwrapguy

Anyone successfully using third party latex ink in their HP 365? I've tried 2 suppliers of 831 inks to no avail. We just keep getting a "faulty ink cartridge" error message. Tried the suggested cold reboot but no joy.

I wouldn't use third party inks on HP latex. I think that they have chips that the ink cartridge talk to the printer and vise versa.

kazziu

You can buy chips from Alibaba, then You have to take the head part of the cartridge off with some force and a flat screwdriver, slice the chip off with a surgical scalpel knife and glue the new one in place. Then assemble it back again.

Third party inks are generally a very bad idea, better increase Your prices or buy a supply of sedatives if You want to go third party....

Sign.ed

I worked at a shop that tried to use third party inks, and we always had issues. Once I convinced them that the ink was the issue and they went back to HP almost all issues(print related) went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dale911

President
I used sts inks and budget inks in my l25500 for a few years. I occasionally had faulty chip issues with the budget inks cartridges but they were always good about replacing them when needed. They may have contributed to shorter life spans in my print heads or not but they printed well anyway and the colors were good. I would try them in a 365 if I had one.

teampix

I used sts inks and budget inks in my l25500 for a few years. I occasionally had faulty chip issues with the budget inks cartridges but they were always good about replacing them when needed. They may have contributed to shorter life spans in my print heads or not but they printed well anyway and the colors were good. I would try them in a 365 if I had one.

Thanks Dale911. Talked with the folks at STS and they just happen to be bringing in a 365 for testing and chip programming. We stand to save around $14k per year so shorter print head life may not be much of a factor.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks Dale911. Talked with the folks at STS and they just happen to be bringing in a 365 for testing and chip programming. We stand to save around $14k per year so shorter print head life may not be much of a factor.

If your going through that much ink, you should be racking in so much cash that the ink costs don't matter. You should also be rocking a 570 at least. I WOULD NOT waste your time messing around with 3rd party ink in Latex. If you are saving $14k, how much are you spending on inks annually? Seems like alot.

teampix

If your going through that much ink, you should be racking in so much cash that the ink costs don't matter. You should also be rocking a 570 at least. I WOULD NOT waste your time messing around with 3rd party ink in Latex. If you are saving $14k, how much are you spending on inks annually? Seems like alot.

Considered a 570 Bigfish but we were just dabbling in latex so it didn't make sense to go whole hog.
We still are primarily eco solvent. We're actually a sports photography business and our banner division (sportsbanner.com) produced over 4k banners in 2017 with an average of 20 ft² each. All of our banners are full coverage and run about $0.30 per ft² with OEM inks and $0.15 per ft² third party (Nazdar).
Currently we're on track for producing a tick over 5k banners for 2018 so the math is: 100k ft² x $.15 = $15,000 in savings more or less. We sell the banners at $4 per ft² so it's a nice additional revenue source for our primary business.
Now my question is if "it sounds like a lot" and "something sounds off", how many banners does the average sign shop produce in a year?