• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is my Experience and Review on HP Latex 570

Vonfloyd

Absolutely agree with you, the longer your experience with hp printers , the more you realize how this con-scheme is effective against consumers, is all designed to to keep you on the hook in buying their supplies and services constantly, making it an unavoidable necessity of solving issues that should not exist in the first place, for instance, they sell a high tech printer a relatively low cost, but the catch is their supply and the scheme that comes with it.
First, the ink have expiration, that is the key... that is how the get into your pockets, if you dont have a large business with at least 18 hs. shift in printing, your ink will get expired at some point, also the printhead have a very short lifespan too. if your ink gets expired, your printheads get automatically tagged out of warranty. if you start experiencing issues, and make a call to the HP technical service, you will get charge $49 to talk with a technician if you are not under warranty, but wait, after that, they will say, "well... in order to diagnose the printer, all have to be in order with no expired ink and printhead under warranty" then you are screwed because you have to buy and replace every single ink ($462 each and all the printheads that has been tagged by expired ink).
So every time your ink is about to expire, your printhead will get tagged too, even if you bought it yesterday. If you want to avoid that, you need to expend another $462 in a new ink box to save your printhead, and that is how they will keep you in loop, or you buy their very expensive monthly warranty contract which you don't really know what is worse for your pockets, In top of that, of course their SAI software is no difference, you have to purchase for $1500 their rip software, (i know, i could use Onyx but i didn't know better at that time and got scam with their software too) and in the invoice says with perpetual license and lifetime support, but guess what?? when they update the software with a new version of it, then your version of the software will get obsolete and will not get more support, you are at your own, that happened to me after owning the software for 2 years, and then all the sudden my rip software has no more support. they suggest me to buy the new version, and of course the loop will do the cycle again if you do.
Now the printer worth is no more than $6000, I have acquired another Roland, witch i joined to another one I have, I have used Roland for more than 20 years, never had this types of problems, I got convinced by one of my suppliers to buy their HP Latex ultimate workflow super duper aerospace technology from the future of another galaxy... and I fall for it and here I'm. :)
Getting rid of it as soon all the money invested in the new ink boxes and printhead are exhausted to at least recover some from the losses. Losses of thousands of dollars in wrapping material wasted, time and frustration.
Getting another Roland.
I truly hope this post can reach to all of those who are thinking in getting into HP printers, this is not for the average joe. keep that in mind.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
For one thing it's not the manufacturers fault if you bought a unit that is intended for production use, not small business once a week use. If you were printing 500sqft every day you would be replacing a ink once a week with normal use. Every cart used every two months.
They sold L110 that does the job just fine, I just have no idea what people thought when they bought unit with 3L inks and have no use for it.

Vonfloyd

For one thing it's not the manufacturers fault if you bought a unit that is intended for production use, not small business once a week use. If you were printing 500sqft every day you would be replacing a ink once a week with normal use. Every cart used every two months.
They sold L110 that does the job just fine, I just have no idea what people thought when they bought unit with 3L inks and have no use for it.
I have 4 printers working, my shop is not small scale, neither the largest, we wrap an average of 4 to 5 vehicles per week, i agree is not for the small scale, when i bought it i knew that, the point is the scheme they get you into. I would agree with you, but is a very problematic machine whether or not you use a full box of ink every week.