• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is my Experience and Review on HP Latex 570

Vonfloyd

I hope this review can help other people in deciding if it is the right investment.

Here’s my story.

I have been a loyal customer and believer of HP, owning hundreds of thousands of dollars in ProLiant servers, printers, computers and a large format printer, until now. I’m extremely disappointed, economically hurt, frustrated and most of all upset, I feel scammed.

Since the day 1 I bought a brand new HP latex 570 from a vendor in Miami, I had problems in getting the printer to work properly, the issue with different error code has been going on and on until the 1 year warranty expired, was when the real problem started, I struggle to stay in business, due to the losses caused by the printer not been in production plus hundreds of feet of vinyl lost for printing halt error and color mismatch.

I have contacted HP numerous times to get a diagnostic and possible solution for a series of error codes. At that point I have incurred in a lot of issues with my own clients in which I have to give back the deposit for jobs i had already taken, losing the job and the client, in an desperate attempt to get the printer running and working I agree to pay HP $1500 to send a technician to my address and fix the machine. They promise that if I pay them $2000 they can come the next day, if I pay them $1500 they will come in 3 to 5 business days, so for me it was a high stake to come out with that much money when I have literally stopped production for 2 months at that point. So I agree in the second option of the $1500, they took my order, once the payment was done, they sent by mail a box with one of the parts need it to fix the printer and same day I receive a call from the technician saying “oh so sorry but one of the parts is in backorder and we will let you know when we will come to fix the machine, and I say are you kidding right? So HP doesn’t know what they have in stock before taking the order? So I had no choice to wait out, and waited out for a month, No calls, no follow ups, nothing from them, at that point my losses was already huge, because I could not take any jobs because I was not able to print, I been rejecting customers’ orders because I have no working printer.

So I called back on Dec 9 (more or less), which is extremely frustrating and time consuming to reach someone within customer relations or accounting.

I reach them out and I told them that I need to get my money back to be able to find another technician, they agree to get me a refund, but I have to go through the billing department, which of course me as a consumer you cannot reach, instead the keep me in a call loop leading to operators that were not any help. So I decided to place a chargeback through my bank (Bofa) thinking the process of getting my money back will be faster, big mistake, neither my bank and Hp are refunding my money, has been almost 4 months, I keep calling Hp customer service and they keep saying “oh sorry for some reason your request didn’t went through” I will make a new request to get your refund, will take another 3 to 5 days, and they give me a new refund confirmation number, meanwhile bofa says “oh sorry, you have to wait another 45 days to get results from HP bank”

And the story keeps going on and on.

So then I decided to contact other major signs and equipment providers, like Grimco which is one of the biggest nationwide, and they said, Sorry we cannot give you service in that machine because you didn’t buy it from us, you have to go to the vendor who you bought it from. So I contact the company who sold it to me, Microgeo Usa, so they sent me an estimate based on the error code of the printer of the parts needed to fix the printer, I called next day to follow up and they said, sorry we will not be able to provide you service because we are not allowed by HP provide service inside the United States, only we can provide service in the Caribbean, Do you have an address in the Caribbean? They ask me.

Bottom line, after fighting for 6 months with HP, I managed to get my money from my bank (NOT HP) on March 7 2022, and I'm still stuck with a very expensive piece of equipment, with no warranty and no technical support, no other provider willing to fix it.
I have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in production, deposit I had return to my customers and literally am on the verge of closing down. That is how truly HP can hurt small businesses.

At this point I’m not really expecting anything to be fixed and more likely I will try to sell the printer for parts.
I believe the levels of corruption, bureaucracy, incompetence and total disregard for small business consumers is way too great.
I been told by one of the technicians that HP now remove the privilege to Hp providers to offer technical service, apparently from now on you have to go through HP directly which is not good, literally thet monopolize the technical service where you have no choice but to swallow whatever they want you to swallow.
My strong recommendation, AVOID HP Printers until they come out with a better solution for small businesses consumers, for your own benefit.

I Hope this letter gets your attention in the matters and helps avoid this type of losses to other small businesses.

With Respect

Carlos G Diaz
Car Wraps Center

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's too bad it happened to you. Always good to have that local support and a number to call where someone actually answers and comes to you.

I get it if you are not interested to open up the technical side more but I hang around to help and scratch my brain here.
What are the problems and errors?

Vonfloyd

It's too bad it happened to you. Always good to have that local support and a number to call where someone actually answers and comes to you.

I get it if you are not interested to open up the technical side more but I hang around to help and scratch my brain here.
What are the problems and errors?
Hi, thank you very much, at this point I have to recover a bit economically before i start something, however I emailed a very thoughtful and descriptive letter to most of HP executives, including CEO, CFO, Chief People Office, Head of Corporate affairs and few others. I already have receive a apologies email from the "Executive escalations" and ask me for my contact info, we would see what happens from here, I will do a follow up as it issue develops!

Edit: the code is 47.35:01 and another one that i cant find right now but is related to not detecting the carriage, or something like that, so the printer wont start.

Thank you!

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Alright. So that 47.35:01 is large ink cartridge problem, which is it's own issue.

Regarding the carriage problem, if I had to guess you have the common suffering of broken data cable. But the symptoms and code would definately help to track it down.
HP always wants to replace the whole ink lines etc. which I think is the part that you had for backorder until eternity.
While in reality you can fix the issue (yourself) with a $125 cable. Remember I'm only assuming here but it's a pretty common issue relating the carriage.

Consider the size of miami (and florida), strange that there aren't any independent or smaller resellers who you could contact and pay them to actually work together with you. It's out of warranty after all, no one cares who services it.

Last edited:

Vonfloyd

Consider the size of miami (and florida), strange that there aren't any independent or smaller resellers who you could contact and pay them to actually work together with you. It's out of warranty after all, no one cares who services it.
Yes, but precisely for that reason, that is so big, and they have some much work, they dont simply wont come, I have called bunch of them, they promise will come and never do, that is how informal miami techs are, and the big companies, they wont service this machine, because HP wont sell the part to them. that is what they say. sucks!

Thank you very much for the info, im pretty sure I can fix these machine myself, I will find that code today!! I have a roland that was out of service, need print head replacement, is a versa art RE-640 and im learning how to do it myself, at least I have something to work with.

ikarasu

If the part is backordered... Why would it matter if HP agreed to sell it to another tech or not? You'd still be in the same predicament.

HP has an ink agreement, vendors are not allowed to try and sell you ink if they didn't sell you the printer - however if you reach out to them and sign a form, you can buy ink from any vendor. I don't think they have a agreement on repairsm.. but if they did, I imagine it's the same and any certified vendor should be able to help you.

Repairing printers is a huge money maker for vendors. Busy or not, I can't see why any hp tech would refuse to give you a visit to diagnose the issue, buy the part and then fix it.

I don't want to be the one to say what everyone else is probably thinking .. but usually if everyone else is the problem, it might be time to look within!

Be nice. Call Grimco and explain the situation. Ask them what you need to do in order to have them qualify as your repair tech. In my experience vendors will bend over backwards to get your printer up and running because it'll make you so happy you'll likely buy all your consumables (biggest money maker) and vinyls from them.

I have an HP in my garage. I've bought encoder disks, strips, carriage belts , even a full new carriage assembly from grimco, and they just mail me the part and let me attempt the repair myself before I have to pay them to come out. I know Canada is different than USA in regards to service.... But I find it realllly hard to believe no one will touch the printer unless something else is going on.

ikarasu

It's an old nickname.

One of my friends was learning Japanese...and ikarasu means "To annoy / anger someone" in Japanese... She started to call me it thinking it'd annoy me, but I liked it... and it fit my personality, so it stuck and I owned it! I've been going by ikarasu online for 20 years because of it. :roflmao:

[Edit] doesn't go have a website to buy most parts online? Anything else can likely be bought on eBay as well.

The wires are super easy... Hp wanted 2k for a full re wire when we were having a generic error and nothing was fixing the issue .... We bought a spool of wire and some mini molex connectors along with a crimper for under $100 and fixed it ourself. Took an hour...

Vonfloyd

If the part is backordered... Why would it matter if HP agreed to sell it to another tech or not? You'd still be in the same predicament.

HP has an ink agreement, vendors are not allowed to try and sell you ink if they didn't sell you the printer - however if you reach out to them and sign a form, you can buy ink from any vendor. I don't think they have a agreement on repairsm.. but if they did, I imagine it's the same and any certified vendor should be able to help you.

Repairing printers is a huge money maker for vendors. Busy or not, I can't see why any hp tech would refuse to give you a visit to diagnose the issue, buy the part and then fix it.

I don't want to be the one to say what everyone else is probably thinking .. but usually if everyone else is the problem, it might be time to look within!

Be nice. Call Grimco and explain the situation. Ask them what you need to do in order to have them qualify as your repair tech. In my experience vendors will bend over backwards to get your printer up and running because it'll make you so happy you'll likely buy all your consumables (biggest money maker) and vinyls from them.

I have an HP in my garage. I've bought encoder disks, strips, carriage belts , even a full new carriage assembly from grimco, and they just mail me the part and let me attempt the repair myself before I have to pay them to come out. I know Canada is different than USA in regards to service.... But I find it realllly hard to believe no one will touch the printer unless something else is going on.
Precisely, you are in Canada, maybe is different, I know few people from Grimco and I have a friend working in sales in Miami branch, and they REFUSED to give service to my printer because i didnt bought it from them.

"I don't want to be the one to say what everyone else is probably thinking .. but usually if everyone else is the problem, it might be time to look within!"
Don't know what you refer by that, that I'm the problem?

netsol

You really need a good, independent tech to have a look & evaluate your errors
Do you have a backorder notice with the hp part numbers?
It would be worth trying ebay.
There are always people parting out machines
I have purchased probably 30 "can't be repaired" machines and habe done very well repairing

Do an ebay search for hp latex & choose a power seller or two
Use the contact seller function & ask if they can provide the part you need, as well as a referral to a independent tech.

You can include 1 sentence saying you have found hp unresponsive, but you don't need to scare them off with your life story & several paragraphs. I share your frustration with hp, they. Can be very difficult.

I would avoid grimco, the corporate culture at hp and grimco seem to feed off each other.

Post those hp part numbers & lets work on getting this printer printing!

Vonfloyd

You really need a good, independent tech to have a look & evaluate your errors
Do you have a backorder notice with the hp part numbers?
It would be worth trying ebay.
There are always people parting out machines
I have purchased probably 30 "can't be repaired" machines and habe done very well repairing

Do an ebay search for hp latex & choose a power seller or two
Use the contact seller function & ask if they can provide the part you need, as well as a referral to a independent tech.

You can include 1 sentence saying you have found hp unresponsive, but you don't need to scare them off with your life story & several paragraphs. I share your frustration with hp, they. Can be very difficult.

I would avoid grimco, the corporate culture at hp and grimco seem to feed off each other.

Post those hp part numbers & lets work on getting this printer printing!

Thank you very much for your input, i haven't tried yet eBay. I did in the past with Roland printers that I own, and I was able to fix them without using technicians.
And yes, I agree with you about Grimco, they are pretty corrupt as well.
However, I got a response from HP same day I have sent the letter to the Executives, and apparently that caused a positive reaction, they called me same day, and they said they will take care of everything, also in the same day I got contacted by executive escalations and the technician, immediately they sent all the parts need it, consumables and a technician is coming to my location.
The technician is a independent one, but not from Miami,

-"You can include 1 sentence saying you have found hp unresponsive, but you don't need to scare them off with your life story & several paragraphs."
Well, that probably will be a pretty empty, shallow with lack of interest for the executives to read and more likely they will disregard the letter! maybe I went to loud with it, but seems like worked out.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Beautiful. I did find that googling, then reckoned ya to be an honest Japanese fellow. I'd have gone with my longest held username, but ston3d cannibal doesn't exude the concept of knowledge as much as I'd like.
I'll stick with the samurai guy who uses the cut off blade on his graphtec by hand like Hitori Hanzo.
View attachment 158832
ston3d cannibal huh? I'm going to remember that...

netsol

That's a surprising twist! Might I ask where you came up with all the CEO's and whoever else at HP to send that email?
Alseso, when the tech is there, make sure he puts fresh printheads and ink carts in. They are likely all expired. It's not your fault, why would you be buying new ones just to have the expiration date tick closer while the printer has been down?
Signs365 (or firesprint.com) could be utilized as a crutch in these types of situations. Hopefully you never end up in such a position again.

I can think of one major takeaway here:
Always always always use a credit card. Disputing a transaction does not put you out any money in the bank.

I think his one sentence comment was for the ebay seller you would be asking for a tech from, not to HP. By all means, lay into hp full bore!
yes, what i meant was, if you found a tech ready to have a look, don't scare him off with a horror story.
a brief description of the issue would suffice
no offense was meant by the comment, i just didn't want you to find a tech capable of fixing the issue and scaring him off

greysquirrel

None of this makes sense. Coming from the service side of the industry, any reseller that provides service can work on any machine under its original warranty. The only time they cannot work on a printer is if the second year or post warranty is purchased directly from HP. It then that you are stuck with bell and Howell or Hp only service. So grimco lied to you.
Who did you buy the printer from? Did they offer service? HP does not like any unhappy customers. I find it hard to believe no one would help you if you truly had that many calls into them. If the printer did not work at install and no one could fix they would swap the unit. What’s your serial number? I’ll call my buddy at Hp and get a history of your unit.

Teka7

I hope this review can help other people in deciding if it is the right investment.

Here’s my story.

I have been a loyal customer and believer of HP, owning hundreds of thousands of dollars in ProLiant servers, printers, computers and a large format printer, until now. I’m extremely disappointed, economically hurt, frustrated and most of all upset, I feel scammed.

Since the day 1 I bought a brand new HP latex 570 from a vendor in Miami, I had problems in getting the printer to work properly, the issue with different error code has been going on and on until the 1 year warranty expired, was when the real problem started, I struggle to stay in business, due to the losses caused by the printer not been in production plus hundreds of feet of vinyl lost for printing halt error and color mismatch.

I have contacted HP numerous times to get a diagnostic and possible solution for a series of error codes. At that point I have incurred in a lot of issues with my own clients in which I have to give back the deposit for jobs i had already taken, losing the job and the client, in an desperate attempt to get the printer running and working I agree to pay HP $1500 to send a technician to my address and fix the machine. They promise that if I pay them $2000 they can come the next day, if I pay them $1500 they will come in 3 to 5 business days, so for me it was a high stake to come out with that much money when I have literally stopped production for 2 months at that point. So I agree in the second option of the $1500, they took my order, once the payment was done, they sent by mail a box with one of the parts need it to fix the printer and same day I receive a call from the technician saying “oh so sorry but one of the parts is in backorder and we will let you know when we will come to fix the machine, and I say are you kidding right? So HP doesn’t know what they have in stock before taking the order? So I had no choice to wait out, and waited out for a month, No calls, no follow ups, nothing from them, at that point my losses was already huge, because I could not take any jobs because I was not able to print, I been rejecting customers’ orders because I have no working printer.

So I called back on Dec 9 (more or less), which is extremely frustrating and time consuming to reach someone within customer relations or accounting.

I reach them out and I told them that I need to get my money back to be able to find another technician, they agree to get me a refund, but I have to go through the billing department, which of course me as a consumer you cannot reach, instead the keep me in a call loop leading to operators that were not any help. So I decided to place a chargeback through my bank (Bofa) thinking the process of getting my money back will be faster, big mistake, neither my bank and Hp are refunding my money, has been almost 4 months, I keep calling Hp customer service and they keep saying “oh sorry for some reason your request didn’t went through” I will make a new request to get your refund, will take another 3 to 5 days, and they give me a new refund confirmation number, meanwhile bofa says “oh sorry, you have to wait another 45 days to get results from HP bank”

And the story keeps going on and on.

So then I decided to contact other major signs and equipment providers, like Grimco which is one of the biggest nationwide, and they said, Sorry we cannot give you service in that machine because you didn’t buy it from us, you have to go to the vendor who you bought it from. So I contact the company who sold it to me, Microgeo Usa, so they sent me an estimate based on the error code of the printer of the parts needed to fix the printer, I called next day to follow up and they said, sorry we will not be able to provide you service because we are not allowed by HP provide service inside the United States, only we can provide service in the Caribbean, Do you have an address in the Caribbean? They ask me.

Bottom line, after fighting for 6 months with HP, I managed to get my money from my bank (NOT HP) on March 7 2022, and I'm still stuck with a very expensive piece of equipment, with no warranty and no technical support, no other provider willing to fix it.
I have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in production, deposit I had return to my customers and literally am on the verge of closing down. That is how truly HP can hurt small businesses.

At this point I’m not really expecting anything to be fixed and more likely I will try to sell the printer for parts.
I believe the levels of corruption, bureaucracy, incompetence and total disregard for small business consumers is way too great.
I been told by one of the technicians that HP now remove the privilege to Hp providers to offer technical service, apparently from now on you have to go through HP directly which is not good, literally thet monopolize the technical service where you have no choice but to swallow whatever they want you to swallow.
My strong recommendation, AVOID HP Printers until they come out with a better solution for small businesses consumers, for your own benefit.

I Hope this letter gets your attention in the matters and helps avoid this type of losses to other small businesses.

With Respect

Carlos G Diaz
Car Wraps Center
I can totally confirm Hp Latex Service is garbage and fully abusing their clients..
I also have a Hp Latex 570 here in Romania that has lot of problems since instalation and their partners that are certified to sell them here and do the service are trully involved in fooling the clients, it got me a few months this year until we reserved a day to install the SMK3 kit... (This is 2 weeks ago). From 2 weeks ago when we did the SMK3 maintainance (1500 euros cost) we printed around 40 sqm until IT crashed... Same erorrs with hot surface inside printer and error to install the SMK3 (that we just did), the guy from service said he forgot to reset the meter after installing thr SMK3 kit (i repeat at around 1500 euro cost..), besides the fact în HP Page says the SMK3 instalation should take around 2 hours, for us it lasted 4.5 hours. At the moment I am loosing money everyday from 2 weeks ago until now and probably the next days too, and the company doesn't really care. They sell also big printers with prices of millions of euros and probably Don't really care about Latex users ore their businesses. It is too much write about the problems from beggining but I will give You another example of mockery from this company.
We bought the printer brand new, possible the first 570 in Romania, from the beggining erorrs etc, one erorr (i Don't remember exactly the code) was constantly appearing, unfortunatelly we didn't saved all the conversations with the guys from service and in the final another mockery in us. Repeatedly asking for the first years about this errors, and the reply was to restart the printer and other nonsense. Guess what, exactly the moment the warrany expired, again we asked about that error and now they knew what the problem was (motherboard malfunction probably), they told us to make a test to see If the motherboard is the problem and they came and installed ("a motherboard from their showroom printer"). They came and installed the new motherboard, after a few days we saw the problem was fixed and confirmed them that was the problem. Then they send us a 700euros invoice for the installed motherboard, and due to the fact that error was showing since was in warranty I didn't liked to be fooled. We has a lot of texts, mails, searching for the proof i transmitted them the error but most of the time the first years se were talking verbally on the phone and WhatsApp but didn't find the messages (probably in their system they cam see the exact dates and errors..), i wrote a lot of mails to HP directly, getting in touch with the HP director for Eastern Europe who was replying me Something like " this company is the only one authorised in your country for these printers, and your only solution is to pay them and do what they ask".. mockery at its finest..
My intuition was that the new motherboard from our printer was changed with a used one before our first installation (otherwise how could a motherboard crash from the first years of the printer)..
All safe and sound ,Printing with no problems until 2 weeks ago when we did SMK3 maintainance, since then we lost a lot of substrates because the SMK3 instalation error was stopping our prints, and without finishing to print the cutcontour code that part of material goes to garbage (because the service guy "forgot" to reset the meter after installing the smk3 kit... For 1500 euros..) for the last 2 weeks they pass us around that they Don't have time and enough service guys and the only solution they gave me is to go at their showroom and print on their printer:)))) (talking about minimum 10-20 hour Printing jobs..). Practically they Bill me 1500 euros, and that I loose money everyday since they billed me for the last 2 weeks.
HP Latex Services level is 2/10 at most.
With the Smk3 kit error se also have a hot surface inside printer error that stops our Printing, error that we have constantly for the past years and like at the motherboard error nu concrete reply about what the problem is. So the guy comes and installs the smk3 kit removes and cleans printer components and spends an extra 2 hours on cleaning the printer and "updating" the system, just so from the next day to get the same error with hot surface inside printer. Again lots of mails and discussion because I totally regret we did the maintainance this period because se have lots of orders and loose lots of money in december If we can't print properly... Now Guess what, again they showed up with a reply that the hot surface inside printer error is probably from printheads or other consumables, their solution to wait another few weeks/months until they come "to fix" for 150 euros/hour.
Mockery at it's finest like I said.
Stay safe and keep your awareness on, we are living through some shady Times..

sultania

I can totally confirm Hp Latex Service is garbage and fully abusing their clients..
I also have a Hp Latex 570 here in Romania that has lot of problems since instalation and their partners that are certified to sell them here and do the service are trully involved in fooling the clients, it got me a few months this year until we reserved a day to install the SMK3 kit... (This is 2 weeks ago). From 2 weeks ago when we did the SMK3 maintainance (1500 euros cost) we printed around 40 sqm until IT crashed... Same erorrs with hot surface inside printer and error to install the SMK3 (that we just did), the guy from service said he forgot to reset the meter after installing thr SMK3 kit (i repeat at around 1500 euro cost..), besides the fact în HP Page says the SMK3 instalation should take around 2 hours, for us it lasted 4.5 hours. At the moment I am loosing money everyday from 2 weeks ago until now and probably the next days too, and the company doesn't really care. They sell also big printers with prices of millions of euros and probably Don't really care about Latex users ore their businesses. It is too much write about the problems from beggining but I will give You another example of mockery from this company.
We bought the printer brand new, possible the first 570 in Romania, from the beggining erorrs etc, one erorr (i Don't remember exactly the code) was constantly appearing, unfortunatelly we didn't saved all the conversations with the guys from service and in the final another mockery in us. Repeatedly asking for the first years about this errors, and the reply was to restart the printer and other nonsense. Guess what, exactly the moment the warrany expired, again we asked about that error and now they knew what the problem was (motherboard malfunction probably), they told us to make a test to see If the motherboard is the problem and they came and installed ("a motherboard from their showroom printer"). They came and installed the new motherboard, after a few days we saw the problem was fixed and confirmed them that was the problem. Then they send us a 700euros invoice for the installed motherboard, and due to the fact that error was showing since was in warranty I didn't liked to be fooled. We has a lot of texts, mails, searching for the proof i transmitted them the error but most of the time the first years se were talking verbally on the phone and WhatsApp but didn't find the messages (probably in their system they cam see the exact dates and errors..), i wrote a lot of mails to HP directly, getting in touch with the HP director for Eastern Europe who was replying me Something like " this company is the only one authorised in your country for these printers, and your only solution is to pay them and do what they ask".. mockery at its finest..
My intuition was that the new motherboard from our printer was changed with a used one before our first installation (otherwise how could a motherboard crash from the first years of the printer)..
All safe and sound ,Printing with no problems until 2 weeks ago when we did SMK3 maintainance, since then we lost a lot of substrates because the SMK3 instalation error was stopping our prints, and without finishing to print the cutcontour code that part of material goes to garbage (because the service guy "forgot" to reset the meter after installing the smk3 kit... For 1500 euros..) for the last 2 weeks they pass us around that they Don't have time and enough service guys and the only solution they gave me is to go at their showroom and print on their printer:)))) (talking about minimum 10-20 hour Printing jobs..). Practically they Bill me 1500 euros, and that I loose money everyday since they billed me for the last 2 weeks.
With the Smk3 kit error se also have a hot surface inside printer error that stops our Printing, error that we have constantly for the past years and like at the motherboard error nu concrete reply about what the problem is. So the guy comes and installs the smk3 kit removes and cleans printer components and spends an extra 2 hours on cleaning the printer and "updating" the system, just so from the next day to get the same error with hot surface inside printer. Again lots of mails and discussion because I totally regret we did the maintainance this period because se have lots of orders and loose lots of money in december If we can't print properly... Now Guess what, again they showed up with a reply that the hot surface inside printer error is probably from printheads or other consumables, their solution to wait another few weeks/months until they come "to fix" for 150 euros/hour.
I recommend reaching out to HP customer support or escalating the issue to higher levels of management within the company. Provide them with a detailed account of the problems you've experienced, including any relevant documentation or evidence.

mikeefly

I think there is a trend in HP making products that are unreliable and hard to support. We purchased a new Latex 365 as well as a new HP cutter to go with it. I have never been more frustrated with 2 pieces of equipment in my life. I have been in the IT industry for 20 years and worked with HP most of them. I would recommend them regularly, but that will likely stop. We have had to sub out work to other local shops several times since we purchased these due to breakdowns or software issues. If you are printing nonstop graphics or wraps, you may have luck. If you have to switch between materials and typically print smaller (under 10') graphics, you will waste 40% of your material.

Johnny Best

I purchased an HP years ago (5500 pigment ink) and had problems with parts and working, swore I would nevrr buy a HP again. But I did buy a deskjob printer and never could get the printer to print through the bluetooth.
so I feel for you and hope you get things worked out. If I had won the Powerball last weekend would buy you a new Epsonʼ but did not have any good numbers so you are on your own.

Vonfloyd

I think there is a trend in HP making products that are unreliable and hard to support. We purchased a new Latex 365 as well as a new HP cutter to go with it. I have never been more frustrated with 2 pieces of equipment in my life. I have been in the IT industry for 20 years and worked with HP most of them. I would recommend them regularly, but that will likely stop. We have had to sub out work to other local shops several times since we purchased these due to breakdowns or software issues. If you are printing nonstop graphics or wraps, you may have luck. If you have to switch between materials and typically print smaller (under 10') graphics, you will waste 40% of your material.
Yes Indeed, My issue was fixed, some sort, still having huge problems, every time im going to print a project something come up. Im here today once again 2024 because still i have color inconsistency problems and i came to the forum seeking some ideas or answer. very Frustraiting.

CanuckSigns

Yes Indeed, My issue was fixed, some sort, still having huge problems, every time im going to print a project something come up. Im here today once again 2024 because still i have color inconsistency problems and i came to the forum seeking some ideas or answer. very Frustraiting.
Colour consistency is an known issue on the latex machines since pretty much day 1.

Vonfloyd