• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This One Is Killing Me

Anyone know what font "Whistle Stop" is in? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• WhistleStopFarms_zps65464bf2.jpg
    WhistleStopFarms_zps65464bf2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

WildWestDesigns

The jpg looks like embroidery.

It looks like the simulated rendering that most programs have the ability to give a bitmap capture of the design. Based on how it looks, I think it was rendered from the WINGS program. Might be one of their standard fonts. It doesn't seem to be a Wilcom one.

Cyw

Oft times, embroidery keyboard fonts won't exactly match their ttf equivalents.
We sometimes tweak areas to make them more embroidery 'friendly'.
Good you found something close, that satisfied your customer.

In the process, I hope you also adjusted that kerning nightmare.
Thats one real masterpiece, isn't it?
oh boy

WildWestDesigns

Oft times, embroidery keyboard fonts won't exactly match their ttf equivalents.
We sometimes tweak areas to make them more embroidery 'friendly'.

Yep, that's true. In the case of this particular font, two things come to mind of possible areas where a direct conversion may not work.

Kerning on a block font is typically 10% of height,which may or may not be the kerning of the TTF version. For the scripts, there usually isn't any spacing as a standard. All of that can be changed though depending on software.

Also depending on what size the font is, the serifs may be the same stitch angle (this aren't, but they can be) as whatever they are attached to. A auto conversion from a raw stitch file to vector may yield less then desirable shape (I wouldn't suggest an auto conversion based on a raw stitch file anyway) in that case.

Sorry for being a :thread