• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Those who've switched to flatbed laminators: how's it going?

tedbragg

This is for everybody who's gone from a standup roll-to-roll laminator, to a flatbed lam table. Our standup is the only thing that gives me anxiety in my job. I've used a flatbed ONCE, years ago, and I still miss it. How has moving to the flatbed changed your work / improved/hurt things? We're tight on space in here, so...kinda stuck with my problem child for now... :)

victor bogdanov

I use a flatbed daily to apply transfer tape, apply prints to substrates, short pieces of lamination etc. You would not want to be laminating anything longer than the bed on a flatbed. It is a great tool to have but it is not a replacement for laminating full rolls/long prints.

Mounting prints and applying transfer tape is what flatbed is best at, it can laminate but not its strong point imo