• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on sharing vector wrap files...

BigNate

we only used original artwork for corporate identities. This new trend of using stock images is crazy - how many people use the same bear/dog/lion/ paw print as call it good? (think school mascots here, but you get my point....)

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Add a disclaimer on your quotes that specifies the digital artwork files are not included in the price. They can pay for those separately.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I hate race cars. But I have 3 customers that I do graphics for. The first two are just basic designs with cut vinyl, very few sponsors. The other one is a sprint car. They have 2 cars and 3 wings. They don't care what the cost is. After the first year I learned to charge more for the design part because they make shirts and want to use all the sponsors from the car. I charge extra in the original invoice to cover my time and add a few minutes per logo for design. I take just the logos and send them in a single PDF.

There is a guy in the area that makes templates and does the design work but he doesn't print. I want to say he charges $600 for the design and that's for an A-Mod like the car below. The guy does really good work. The templates can be bought online anywhere so it's really the design part you need to make sure you are charging for. The racer pays around $3-3.50 per square foot for printing. I do not print it. I just know this becuase he has asked me to print it but I'm not able to beat that price so I pass. I do other work for the driver and sometimes he needs artwork for the design guy and sometimes I need artwork FROM the design guy. We make it work and all three of us get what we need.
1683808631829.png