• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiff vs eps

jason91

I've got a couple colors that I have been exporting out of coreldraw that are giving me problems. Orange and purple. The purple I've got is awesome if I export it as a tif (rgb) and print...However I can export the same color as an eps(rgb) and its a totally different color?? Almost a blue....
The problem is the orange I like is an eps (rgb) and I can't get the orange tif (rgb) to look as good as the eps. When I have to print these 2 colors together I'm stuck??? I usually export everything as an eps, because I do alot of cutcontour stuff. I've tried to match the tif printed purple to a eps printed purple with no luck? The tiff color just seem more saturated? Why is that?? I can get the eps purple the same tone, but it' not as bright and shiny?? Any ideas?
Oh.... and the orange I'm trying to get is to match aluminum orange?

Mosh

When you publish as pdf be sure your page size in corel is the size you want to print. Like if your image is 13" wide and the page size is the 8.5x11 it won't work. Use the custom page size and set it to what you want.

CentralSigns

Versaworks really needs to address the color profiling problems it contains. It's really flaky isn't it. Always something that isn't right.

Mosh

Versa works GREAT for basic sign printing. NOT so great on making color true prints. It is what it is.

jason91

will the graphic be as crisp as an eps or a tiff....becuase i don't see how it can be...the graphic goes from a 1gb (tiff or eps) to a 100mb pdf....It's got to be losing detail (resolution) somewhere?