• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiling Issue not closing cuts with S75T and Winplot

3commas

Greetings,

I haven't been able to find any information on this issue, hoping somebody has some info. I am trying to tile a large plot that is wider than the plotter.

What's happening is that the border of the tile isn't cut, so the shape can't be peeled.

To explain another way, say you wanted to tile a large circle into 2 tiles. The expectation is that it would cut 2 'D' shaped half circles. However, the problem is it's not closing the shape, so it's actually 2 'C' shaped cuts that you can't peel, because the shape isn't closed off.

I thought to work around this by using a weeding border, but Winplot doesn't allow the weeding border and tiling to be used together.

Winplot and the S75T drivers are up to date to the version currently available on the Summa website. Running in windows.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, thank you

Christian @ 2CT Media

This is an issue with Winplot that was fixed in GoSign.

You have to manually close your objects as Winplot doesn't like the close object command in files.

3commas

Thank you for that info.

Can you confirm, GoSign doesn't work with my S75T model is that correct?

I installed it but it did not detect the usb connected cutter, and i was unclear about the model names listed for that software.

3commas

Restarted everything following installs. Currently on versions:
- S Class Firmware, MD9980: The latest internal programming for S Class plotters; version 039; Date 17-11-2014;
- GoSign 2.1.1
- Windows 10
- Winplot working well aside from the original issue

When trying to add the device to GoSign, it shows a USB device, except it never grabs the details and the 'OK' button remains greyed out.

Any ideas on what else to try, or perhaps I'm missing something. Thanks!

1623125609542.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm pretty sure gosign doesn't support (old) S-class... Only S2.
Yep, your cutter is too old.

SummaCut R(L) (firmware rev039 or higher), S Class 2 (firmware rev024 or higher) and S One (firmware rev005 or higher).

Last edited:

3commas

Thanks again everyone for your assistance on this. I eventually contacted support for this, and they confirmed that my model S75T (S Class, but NOT the S One), is not compatible with the newer GoSign software. They suggested trying out the 'CoCut' software, which is a paid product but with a trial available. I have not gotten around to trying this yet. Ultimately, I worked around the issue by manually splitting the graphic in my design software (Illustrator).