• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiling issues Onyx ProductionHouse 11

Asuma01

I'm using Onyx ProductionHouse 11 with a HP 260 Latex.
I've been having issues with color variation from tile to tile. I'm printing solid color light brown panels.
Per the HP troubleshooting guide.

Tiling issues
The most common problems when printing tiles are as follows.

● Color variation tile to tile
In some cases contiguous tiles with the same background solid color may show differences in color
between the right side of the first tile and the left side of the second tile. This is a common issue of
inkjet printers (both thermal inkjet and piezo inkjet), where there are slight color variations as the swath
advances. Since the biggest color differences are between the left edge and the right edge, the effect
may sometimes be seen when putting two tiles together. This issue can easily be overcome by inverting
alternate tiles, which has the effect of placing the right side of the first plot next to the right side of the
second plot and the left side of the second plot next to the left side of the third, so all contiguous areas
have been printed in the same point of the swath and, hence, have the same color. This is a feature that
all RIPs have available.

Where can I find this option in Onyx? I am not having any luck. Or if anyone else has suggestions to avoid color shifting.

Andriy

I'm using Onyx ProductionHouse 11 with a HP 260 Latex.
I've been having issues with color variation from tile to tile. I'm printing solid color light brown panels.
Per the HP troubleshooting guide.

Where can I find this option in Onyx? I am not having any luck. Or if anyone else has suggestions to avoid color shifting.

It appears that it's basically asking to rotate the other tile 180 degrees.
You could do it manually or I believe if you right click on the printer, Modify Printer... (or Change on the right), Setup, the bottom right has the option that says Flip Every Other Tile.
I haven't personally needed to use it but I think that should be it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It appears that it's basically asking to rotate the other tile 180 degrees.
You could do it manually or I believe if you right click on the printer, Modify Printer... (or Change on the right), Setup, the bottom right has the option that says Flip Every Other Tile.
I haven't personally needed to use it but I think that should be it.

Yes, that is the option you need to select.

AaronSSsignsKC

Yep everyone is right you need to flip all jobs that are tiled this keeps color shifts or variations during print to be consistent, if you dont you can get some funky looking prints.