• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time for a new print head?

Charlie J

Printer is a Roland Versa-Art RS-640

Attachments

• 0AFF58A9-6ECD-4D22-A79F-50792AE4A8E4.jpeg
    0AFF58A9-6ECD-4D22-A79F-50792AE4A8E4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140

2B

Have you had a lot of head strikes? That is WOW lots of deflected nozzles!

you may be able to get some back by a manual cleaning / head soaking but you would still be less than 100%.
New head is going to be the best option for the full firing to come back

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That looks pretty bad. As 2B said, you might be able to recover the head by soaking and flushing but that looks like it is too far gone to get back 100%.

Charlie J

Have you had a lot of head strikes? That is WOW lots of deflected nozzles!

you may be able to get some back by a manual cleaning / head soaking but you would still be less than 100%.
New head is going to be the best option for the full firing to come back

What do you consider a lot? Haha. Yeah i've had a few accidents. It really only prints bad when printing heavy black. This is an 8 year old printer.

2B

;) considering the other colors, I would say it has had more than a "few"
we are still running our VS-640s and (knock on wood) will be for years to come.

as long as you take your time, careful on what you do. Changing a print head is fairly easy / straightforward. Luckily we have a total gear head and I swear is part machine they way he can "whisper" to them

Charlie J

;) considering the other colors, I would say it has had more than a "few"
we are still running our VS-640s and (knock on wood) will be for years to come.

as long as you take your time, careful on what you do. Changing a print head is fairly easy / straightforward. Luckily we have a total gear head and I swear is part machine they way he can "whisper" to them

I think I’m going to give it a shot to change it out. I talked to VanderJ on the phone for a little bit and I’m most likely going to buy a printhead after doing some reading on how to swap it out.