• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tiny bubbles?

karst41

recently i have had to hand swipe to get rid of these bubbles, i use a manual cold laminator, maybe its time for a new one? any recommendations on something affordable? not $1000 lol

I have been down this road.

Not enough pressure causes this. if more on one side or the other then you need to adjust the rollers.

To adjust roller pressure, get a 10' ? of something cheap like IJ35.
Make a blue line down the middle end to end.

Use a china marker (water soluble) and in dead center of the top roller
Put mark. You can run the laminator to mark entirely

Close the nip,line up the marks on the media and top roller.
run the laminator at a slow feed rate, and as the media drifts you need to adjust
pressure on the opposite side.

Doing all of this for the first time might take two hours time.
Next time will take 10 minutes. Keep the media that you blue lined.
If you are a busy shop. check the adjustment every couple months.

10 minutes to check and adjust is a t ton cheaper than the 8519 that
you just lost.

GFP makes the best laminator for the money. $10-12 k fully loaded.

Cheers

bigkahuna_305

Buy some cigarettes. )))) ))

Anyway, bigk...... why are you upset at my post ?? Seriously, I thought the title, along with the players fit right into your question and your name/avatar. Besides, it's kinda basic knowledge that silvering goes away with time from 20 minutes to a few hours. So, may I give your OP a thumbs down ??

Anyway Gino if it was common knowledge i wouldn't have asked about it obviously, people post serious questions and people like you draw from the topic and its kinda irritating to say the least. so you can thumb down your self and no need to comment on my post about something that doesn't have to do with the topic that was asked about