• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tips for motox laminate cutting - hand? cutter and print & cut won't tackle it

discountdecals

Hi Folks, I'm having a bit of trouble on the cutting thick laminate situaation.
I have a tjet 1631c and printing the decals, putting on a heavy laminate. Putting the cutting blabe to 10v (max) the machine doesnt allow numerous cuts but it just isn't cutting it.
I then decided to take it over to my liyx sc631c with optical eye, screwed the pressure up full again and still nothing. If u push hard enough, it will come off but quality isn't there.
Has anyone any suggestions on softer motox laminate or suitable laminate or........ try cutting them out by hand?
Thanks folks for any suggestioons no matter how small,
Thanks

J Hill Designs

try 60 degree blade, slow the beast to a crawl

if your cutter doesnt 'allow multiple cuts' just copy/paste the cutline a few times over itself

There is more then one way to skin a deer. Multiple lines in the same spot will give you multiple cuts in the same spot even if your plotter doesn't support it automatically.

discountdecals

Brilliant hi, thanks folks, I'll get the 60's ordered, turn it to snail more and multiple cut lines, thanks again,
I'll let u know how it goes

discountdecals

18 mil?

I'm confused on this now, really like and i know its something simple - 18 mil? 3 mil? what actually is this depth? It can't be mm.... I apologise for my ignorance on this lol
Thanks

I'm confused on this now, really like and i know its something simple - 18 mil? 3 mil? what actually is this depth? It can't be mm.... I apologise for my ignorance on this lol
Thanks

1 mil is equal to .001 inch or .0254 mm
3 mil is equal to .003 inch or .0762 mm
18 mil is equal to .018 inch or .452 mm

discountdecals

just checked... it is 12 mil that i was cutting and then the 3 base layer so 15 mil. 3 cuts on the plotter worked grand but ill check on the printer itself, thanks again for all your help :)