• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question too much black ink

shacho

I have just bought a soljet pro 4 and I am having trouble with my black. It's going on much too thick. I am using GCVP, high quality, Pre-Press U.S. Bi directional, and have all other controls "Use Printer Setting" it use to print good with my old VS540.

thx

shacho

I don't know how to do that. I googled it a nothing come up. do you know of a site that can guide me through this process. I forgot to mention that I am using Versaworks Dual could this be a problem? thx

Last edited:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Try a 3m or Avery profile. Roland is in the business of selling ink. I bet they turn the ink limits way up.

Saturn

Aging Member
You might make sure your black build is not 100% 100% 100% 100% or something too rich.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
typically your rip should limit the total amount of solvent ink. Vinyl manufactures want that limited to around 280%. By the way you can reach a good solid black as low as 190% - C60 M30 Y00 K100.

IDB Signs

What material are you using? Typically the manufacturers have boxed profiles on their sites for each different printer, RIP, etc. That would be a good starting point and probably the quickest to test out. The GCVP is just a generic profile, each material will retain and display inks differently.

Asuma01

If you can't make your own custom profiles I'll suggest you try to download different ones until you find something that works.