• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toshibatec CE2 for Océ Arizona

levakbob

Hello,

I have a question about printheads for Océ Arizona 550GT. Head manufacturer is Toshiba, which offers only Toshibatec CE2.

I bought this head - it's not installed yet
https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/en/arizona-550-460-print-head-assembly.html?category=

But it came with the CE4M mark
https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/en/toshiba-ce4m-printhead.html

the original head is this
https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/en/arizona-550-gt-kit-f-s-printhead-ce2-bond-3w3010112660.html

Digiprint says he sent me the right head (but has a different name) and I don't know if I should risk installing.

And I'm trying to find out if toshiba makes more CE2, CA4, CE4M atc models and everything looks the same. Or if there's really a difference.

Last edited:

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
You can install the CE4 printhead, but you have to remove the installation brackets from the old printhead and glue them on to the CE4 printhead. Yes, it sounds crazy/dumb, but it works and we have done it many times.

Use Gorilla glue and let it sit for a day. Take your time and make sure they are glued in the exact same spot and orientation as on the original head. Once the brackets are glued on, the new printhead will install perfectly.

levakbob

HI,
all Toshibatec printheads appear to be the same. And the price difference is really dramatic and worth trying.
The technician will come directly from Fuji and install the print head.
How much need to stick the print head exactly on the holder? If not exactly is the possibility of some correction?

AlsEU

Toshibatec heads just look similar, but they have differences - it's not always possible to swap them. And of course, if you reinstall the holder from the old head, don't be surprised when you won't have the perfect calibration.

AlsEU

First of all - check the head type in your carriage. Each head should have a label with the model. CA4 is an old model - it's a single head. CE2 head is a combo - two CA4 glued together. Different versions of CE2 have different ink/vacuum inlets, so you need to buy the same you have inside your printer.

levakbob

Hello everyone, so the print head is installed and works great. I saved considerable money. Thank you all and hopefully it will help somebody :)

growler

You can install the CE4 printhead, but you have to remove the installation brackets from the old printhead and glue them on to the CE4 printhead. Yes, it sounds crazy/dumb, but it works and we have done it many times.

Use Gorilla glue and let it sit for a day. Take your time and make sure they are glued in the exact same spot and orientation as on the original head. Once the brackets are glued on, the new printhead will install perfectly.

Hello everyone, so the print head is installed and works great. I saved considerable money. Thank you all and hopefully it will help somebody :)

Can you shed some more info on how you do this, I am in the process of needing to replace a head, and the quote from my local provider is almost 15% of a replacement machine.
So I will either look at doing it myself or end up replacing my 8yo 460GT altogether.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Can you shed some more info on how you do this, I am in the process of needing to replace a head, and the quote from my local provider is almost 15% of a replacement machine.
So I will either look at doing it myself or end up replacing my 8yo 460GT altogether.
Thats's because the print heads are what mostly make up the price of a printer ;)

growler

Thats's because the print heads are what mostly make up the price of a printer ;)

And to think my 460GT 2nd hand is worth nothing where I am, the replacement head would be almost 75% of it's trade or sale value!
Every other printer I have owned I can and did work on myself, this locked down scenario on a Arizona I physically own pisses me right off!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Replacing all the heads in our 360GT is 4x the price of trying to sell the entire machine. You get that from an 11 year old device though...

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
And to think my 460GT 2nd hand is worth nothing where I am, the replacement head would be almost 75% of it's trade or sale value!
Every other printer I have owned I can and did work on myself, this locked down scenario on a Arizona I physically own pisses me right off!
The reason they're locked down is because owners will have a service agreement, then use aftermarket inks are used, parts are ruined etc. Then they ask canon to come replace all damaged parts.

Once upon a time, canon would replace 1 head per year for free. Until customers where abusing the head replacement.

All grand format machines are boat anchors after a few years. They all have a life span anyway... Welcome to the industry.

growler

The reason they're locked down is because owners will have a service agreement, then use aftermarket inks are used, parts are ruined etc. Then they ask canon to come replace all damaged parts.

Once upon a time, canon would replace 1 head per year for free. Until customers where abusing the head replacement.

All grand format machines are boat anchors after a few years. They all have a life span anyway... Welcome to the industry.
I never had a service agreement, never used 3rd party inks, but I still have a locked down machine from the day it was installed, hell its almost 8 years old and I am only just coming up on needing to replace a head in it now, it's done massive amounts of printing, I just look after my machines.

All my previous machines, dilli, mimaki, encad, roland, HP, pretty much been in wide format since it came out almost 30 years ago, and this is the very first machine I have not been able to do my own work on.

The whole fact I own it, but can't work on it and am forced to use the 1, and only 1 technician where I live is shit, if he is sick, out of town on other calls or on holiday I am 100% at ransom to them!
And unless they can address that I will never be buying a hardware locked printer again, the legal aspect of it where I live could probably be challenged but the effort vs reward, it's just easier to replace it with a brand that will, I have had offers from many suppliers that they will, will even give me a full service manual etc on install, and they promote you to work on them yourself so you learn the printer!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I never had a service agreement, never used 3rd party inks, but I still have a locked down machine from the day it was installed, hell its almost 8 years old and I am only just coming up on needing to replace a head in it now, it's done massive amounts of printing, I just look after my machines.

All my previous machines, dilli, mimaki, encad, roland, HP, pretty much been in wide format since it came out almost 30 years ago, and this is the very first machine I have not been able to do my own work on.

The whole fact I own it, but can't work on it and am forced to use the 1, and only 1 technician where I live is ****, if he is sick, out of town on other calls or on holiday I am 100% at ransom to them!
And unless they can address that I will never be buying a hardware locked printer again, the legal aspect of it where I live could probably be challenged but the effort vs reward, it's just easier to replace it with a brand that will, I have had offers from many suppliers that they will, will even give me a full service manual etc on install, and they promote you to work on them yourself so you learn the printer!

To the point.
get in contact with CMYK Engineering. they'll assist you.

growler

I have, but again the distance from where he is, to me at the bottom of the world makes things difficult!

If I can get some more information on the bare printhead replacement and what is needed then I will buy a service key from him and replace my head, but I need to know the details etc before I go throwing $$$ around.
I was looking at replacing the printer, but if I can get another 12 months for a $1000 head vs a $12,000 head I would do that and let the market keep coming out with new printers.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I have, but again the distance from where he is, to me at the bottom of the world makes things difficult!

If I can get some more information on the bare printhead replacement and what is needed then I will buy a service key from him and replace my head, but I need to know the details etc before I go throwing $$$ around.
I was looking at replacing the printer, but if I can get another 12 months for a $1000 head vs a $12,000 head I would do that and let the market keep coming out with new printers.

I'm pretty sure they'll walk you though the replacement?

AlsEU

I'm not sure if it's still available for old models like 360, but it was possible to buy from the Canon a service key limited to owned machine only. Maybe try to ask Canon?

Senots

I'm not sure if it's still available for old models like 360, but it was possible to buy from the Canon a service key limited to owned machine only. Maybe try to ask Canon?
Normally this key is for all the Canon models. I'm independent, have my one-man-company and do maintenance for the Fujifilm Acuity versions and do have the service for the Fujifilm models, is for 1 year.
I'm desperate looking for buying a Canon Arizona UV flatbed service key. I want to test if I can swap the OEM figure in the service software from Canon to Fujifilm or versa. Please let me know, because I have finish an installation!

AlsEU

Normally this key is for all the Canon models. I'm independent, have my one-man-company and do maintenance for the Fujifilm Acuity versions and do have the service for the Fujifilm models, is for 1 year.
I'm desperate looking for buying a Canon Arizona UV flatbed service key. I want to test if I can swap the OEM figure in the service software from Canon to Fujifilm or versa. Please let me know, because I have finish an installation!
I've heard that it's possible to buy a key which works only with one specific machine (one s/n) - but they were available only for owners.