• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toyo Ink for the HP 9000

Quix

I've been recommended to use Toyo ink on my HP 9000s, instead of the brand I'm using (TechInk).
They told me it's the best bulk ink for Konica Minolta printheads.
Has anyone tried it?
Which brand you consider the best choice?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Quix

Hello, ES
I asked for advise about HP 9000 inks. They (obviously) said there's nothing like original ink.
After your last comment, I wonder if you have tried other brands of bulk ink.
I used Bordeaux and changed it to TechInk due to starvation issues, and it only got worse.
My technician recommended me Toyo ink, which he says it's the manufacturer in Japan of the Seiko/HP ink. But every ink seller has told me the same; so I don't believe it anymore.
But I do believe in this forum comments, based on real experience.
Original HP Ink is not an affordable option for my country's market.
I (still) hope you can help.

alias1

the reason Toyo is the best is that the waveforms of 9000 has been tuned perfectly for optimised performance. The next best ink is Techink Platinum Adv SK.

es

Hello, Quix!
I have a HP 8000. Yes, Toyo K-500 is the best ink for HP. They are very stable. The problem is that in Russia they are not commercially available, and original inks are very expensive. I had to try other inks. Techink Platinum ADVANTAGE SK I also tried it on my printer, but they did not fit. There was a strong dust from all colors of paint, setting up tension head has not helped.
More than a year using inks Sun Chemical (Streamline Optima Series). They are suitable.
What series of Bordeaux, were you using? How the quality?
Thank you!

Quix

Thank you both for the input,
I didn't use bordeaux a lot. It's the brand the printer used when I bought it, and I changed it because it came in aluminum bags which had to be put into cartridges. What I do remember about it is that it was very smelly and that color changed from batch to batch (I got two kinds of yellow, in pouches bought the same day).
About TechInk Platinum SK, I notice it's very sensitive to environment's temperature. It prints good only over 24°C. I have to do lots of cleaning cycles, because it dries very fast in the printheads. My impression is that it is a little more dense than bordeaux.
ES: With the term "dust" are you referring to an overspray (blurred edges) or you mean a grainy look on solid colors?

es

Yes. Dust - a blurry image edges.
This paint is very viscous (thick). From this problem.

es

Very interesting. I have not heard of this paint. I could not find a manufacturer in Japan. Give a link to the website of the manufacturer or seller.

es

Thanks.

Friends! And what is the price in America at the original cartridges? How much does a liter Techink Platinum ADVANTAGE SK?