• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trade Show displays?

Colin

Is there one brand of trade-show displays/frames/stands etc that is superior in terms of value/quality/bang for the buck?

HulkSmash

Been talking to these guys for a bit. they're pretty good, and prices seem great. They do as little as just giving you the hardware - to even doing the printing for you.
Also i think most of their stuff is all snap on snap off. So its really easy setup.

http://www.testrite.com/

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you want the higest durability and quality and are willing to pay a fair price then you should give this guy a call. Rick 909-917-1562 he can drop his stands from 10+ feet in the air and they open like a champ. The other brands will break instantly.

CanuckSigns

POP Displays is nice, they are based in Montreal, their banner stands use a cartridge system so they are super easy to change out!

Colin

POP Displays is nice, they are based in Montreal, their banner stands use a cartridge system so they are super easy to change out!

This is one thing that I found surprising with the roll-up banner stands that I've seen so far - that you cannot easily change the banner! WTF?

I envision a customer coming back a year later asking for a new banner for their stand, and their mouth hitting the floor when the sign guy says "Sorry, you're stuck with that banner & case forever, you'll have to toss the whole unit if you're done with that sign."

bigben

They are one of the supplier I'm ordering from, but their prices are a bit high. But yes, they offer great service and a ''white label'' web site for their products.

10sacer

Trade show

I have researched and bought from many companies in the hardware arena.
Here is a non-comprehensive list off the top of my head:

Testrite
Expand
Mark Bric
WS Display
Orbus
Duo
Brandstand
Drytac
Bowman

If you have done a Google search for "retractable banner stand" - you will get thousands of hits for sites/companies that just resell Orbus products. They all use the same pictures with the same model in them - so don't expect to maintain any price competitiveness with Orbus. Not saying anything bad about them, but if you call them and tell them you have a printer they will make you a dealer and send you the dealer price list. There is very little qualification to be a dealer for them - so everyone carries their stuff.

Places like Creative Banner and Signs+Banners just resell other guys stuff but call them something different.

You have to know what quality level and usage expectations are coming from your clients. If they want to just put a graphic in a retractor and leave it up - you can get a $16 retractor from Orbus (their DFA brand) that will work fine. If you have the need to change out the graphics on a regular basis - your options get narrowed. I recommend styles that have Velcro at the bottom and snap rails at the top. Re-taping graphics into banner stands is not fun - especially if you are by yourself. Really no fun when once a year you let the little key slip out and the whole thing flies back into the stand and you have to take it apart to fix it.

Of all the players - Testrite has the best tradeshow stuff, but a very narrow selection for retractors. Orbus has a nice selection, but remember the caveat above. Expand is top notch stuff and has a graphic cassette system for one or two of their retractors.

I'm not a big fan of buying stuff through distributors - so I try to stay with the guys that actually make the products and will sell directly to you.

I'm sure others can chime in and offer more vendors that I have missed

Sticky Signs

I've bought a few stands from Vantex Supplies in Surrey. Not sure how much they get used but I haven't heard any complaints (knocking on wood). Prices seem fair.