• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tradeshow booth Problem

JFERG90

Hello,

We are using the best possible double sided tape available to us, and we cant seem to get the headers and kickers to remain adheared to the panels. They come off after a couple days everytime.

Do you have any suggestions.

Thank you have a great holiday

animenick65

Velcro is irrelevant if double sided tape isn't sticking to your panels. How would you adhere velcro to something that isn't holding double sided tape? Unless of course the velcro exists on whatever your putting your panels on.

rfulford

We use double sided tape for the headers and kickers but also use magnetic tape for the sides of each panel. There should not be a lot of weight on the top with the magnetic strips in place on the sides. As a matter of fact, we have installed graphics in a few booths with the headers missing and not seen any real problems. The header is there mostly for registration between the panels I believe.

Steve Werner

What adhesive are you using ? What type of material are you adhering it to ? What thickness are the panels ? Are the panels being used on curved surfaces ?

Checkers

I want to say I used 3M's 4950 or 4952 VHB foam tape for attaching ABS plastic hanger and kicker bars to a typical PVC backed panel. Don't quote me though. Call 3M and find out for sure.

Checkers

MachServTech

Have you tried 3M VHB? If that won't stick nothing will.

Mosh is correct the 3M VHB series has always worked for me in situations that other adhesive tapes fail. There is a VHP aggressive Velcro that will I have used to hang up 45 lb. displays. Its more like Lego than Velcro though.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Velcro is irrelevant if double sided tape isn't sticking to your panels. How would you adhere velcro to something that isn't holding double sided tape? Unless of course the velcro exists on whatever your putting your panels on.

Actually if he's trying to stick double sided tape to a "Fabric" display...he'll have problems. Those are made for velcro. If it's not a fabric display then I can see your point. He didn't say if it was fabric or not.

ProColorGraphics

What about the 3M primer? Mostly used for vehicle wraps. I think it is called 94 tape primer. Just a thought. I know that crap makes vinyl stick like crazy.