• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Traffic Sign Supplies

buggyjr12

I was approached by my local borough about making traffic signs. Where's the best place to buy blanks and reflective vinyl? Grimco wants 2x (plus) what they're currently paying for a finished sign - just for the raw blanks. Obviously, their current supplier is only paying a fraction of that for raw materials. (The place they're getting them from now is either a two hour drive round trip, or they pay big $$$ for shipping. If I can just get close to what they're paying now the job is mine since I'm obviously local). Any help would be appreciated.

Woocity

I work for a local government and make most of our signs. I use Osburn & Associates in Logan, OH for most of my material. I also use MD Solutions near Columbus, I believe, for materials also. I'm using Avery T-6500 HIP and OL-2000's EC Film.

Ready

Ready To Go
I was approached by my local borough about making traffic signs. Where's the best place to buy blanks and reflective vinyl? Grimco wants 2x (plus) what they're currently paying for a finished sign - just for the raw blanks. Obviously, their current supplier is only paying a fraction of that for raw materials. (The place they're getting them from now is either a two hour drive round trip, or they pay big $$$ for shipping. If I can just get close to what they're paying now the job is mine since I'm obviously local). Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

I would do an internet search DOT sign blanks in Pennsylvania. I am sure something will come up. I buy my DOT blanks in my area from one, and the prices I get a very good.

Bob P.
Clearwater, FL

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I buy blanks from a local barricade company that has a sign shop, they are so much cheaper than Grimco because they keep large stock of metals (usually half, sometimes a third). The one I use has a 10ft hydraulic shear which is nice.