• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer Wrap Idea

acothran

I'm working on a trailer design to use as a sample/advertisement for a large, local trailer manufacturer/dealer. The want to offer wrap for their clients and we want to sell wraps! For a sample, we are going to wrap a small 6 ft. enclosed, V-nose trailer. They requested that maybe it target motorsports and/or racing. Our city is the mecca of the Corvette since the manufacturing plant and national museum or both located here so it makes sense.

I didn't want to do a car theme because it won't make sense with a 6 ft. trailer so I just went with a checkered flag for the motorsport look. Before I begin to add text or logos, I was wanting feedback about the look of the background. I like it but am not crazy about it so that is why I'm posting early in the design. Also, sorry I don't have a pic of the trailer to see it in context (I just have measurements for now). Finally, the idea is that the front V-nose will look like two colors with striping and the tear will start on the sides. Thanks for any suggestions.

Allen

Attachments

• Trailer Wrap.jpg
    Trailer Wrap.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 130

Circleville Signs

I like the idea. i think if you are going to go with the "tear" look, then you need to exaggerate the "tear" a little more.

Cant' wait to see the finished work!

Gary

Circleville Signs

I like the idea. i think if you are going to go with the "tear" look, then you need to exaggerate the "tear" a little more.

Gary

PMG

Gary
I agree ......more on the lines of something like this......

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 96

airborneassault

PMG if you don't mind me asking how did you do the "tear" look like you did in that example. I'm doing something very similar to that right now in photoshop and it's becoming a real pain but yours looks beautiful. What program was this done in and do you have any tips?

PMG

Not sure what it was designed in......i didnt design it, it was in a cd that i bought in a auction when a local sign shop went under.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
from the thumbnail i thought it was a waving flag...then i clicked the image and saw you were going for the tear look....personally, i would have preferred the waving flag instead...

kustomguy

I like the first a little bit better. I read it as a tear, I think maybe it just needs a stronger dropshadow and highlight. It is a nice look. I especially like the textures in the orange and black.

Patrick46

I actually like the first one better, but try adding a drop shadow to the top edge of the flag, and I think you'll have it. Just don't fade it to black like the second one...that's partly why I don't like it.

acothran

Thanks for the input everyone. I only submitted "the first one" and the second above was PMG making a quick suggestion. I think I will emphasize the depth of the tear more but I want to stay away from making it look like a stock tear from Aurora Graphics. I also might mess around with widening the angle on the tear so the back of the trailer ends up mostly as the checkered flag pattern. I haven't gotten that far yet but after the helpful input, I'll make some revisions and finish it up soon.

The texture on the orange and black are just part of a collection of free grunge/concrete textures I found on a site like Design Freebies. It is always nice when someone shares a bunch of quality textures for free, with no usage restrictions. Slap them as an overlay layer in PS, lower the opacity, and you've got a cool effect with little to no effort.

Thanks again for the input and I'll keep you posted.
Allen