• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer tape roller?

jtorrescd

Hey everyone. I am needing some help on searching for a specific item. It is a set of rollers that can clamp onto the sides of a table and you can put them into the ends of a roll of vinyl or transfer tape in order to roll it out. Does anyone know what this tyoe of tool/roller is called or where to get a set?

jtorrescd

Kind of. I have seen the laminating tables and the have the rolling mechanism. But this is to manually roll out the transfer tape and then apply with squeegees.

Marie

We have a very similar unit to this one that we got from Grimco years ago.

1668623589270.png

gnubler

Mine is like Stacey's, I acquired it from another sign shop. Wood frame, two holes with a metal pipe inserted. I clamp mine to the table with u-clamps so I can take it off as needed.

jtorrescd

Ours is very similar but we use 3" to 1" plugs so that the rolls don't wobble around when pulling mask off.
I'll see if I can get a pick when I'm back down in shop.
Definetly would like to see this.

Also, thanks to everyone for replying I appreciate all the info coming and that is to come.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Here you go........not pretty but it works. Pretty sure we just used 1" dowels. I'm not even sure what the little tightening part is called but we have those on the ends so you can swap out rolls.
I can take a better pic of that part if you guys want it. I think we get the 3" to 1" plugs in our newsprint rolls that we buy for packaging etc.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 2022-11-17 10.07.29.jpg
    2022-11-17 10.07.29.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 166
  • 2022-11-17 10.07.38.jpg
    2022-11-17 10.07.38.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
  • 2022-11-17 10.07.49.jpg
    2022-11-17 10.07.49.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 160