• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer tape shrink -I need help

FeLiXXX

Hi to all,

I realy need help with transfer tape. I dont know why but some times after application tape is on vinyl and roll in roll (for shipping like in picture) it get bubbles. But this bubbles are very big like the vinyl is crushed. It look like that aplication tape is shrink. I attached some pictures of this decal. This decal is extreme case, usually I get less bubbles.
I use method same like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDcHV_trVEM
I use oracal aplication tape Oracal LT95 and vinyl Oracal 638(wall art).
I thing the problem is in hand applying of transfer tape. I dont have laminator. I was thinking to make it on my ovn, but I cant find no info on web how to build it.
Can someone please help me with this? I really don't know how to solve this problem and I got big problem.

Br

Attachments

• DSC00949.jpg
    DSC00949.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00950.jpg
    DSC00950.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00951.jpg
    DSC00951.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00957.jpg
    DSC00957.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 118

Moze

After you apply the transfer tape, wrap it around a solid tube prior to shipping. It will eliminate the wrinkles (and the installer will thank you).

FeLiXXX

@Moze.....Did you mean like this?
@Pat White....hmm do you thing the mactac vinyl will be beather?
Can I eliminate this with laminator? But in our lovely and small country of Slovenia (beatvin Italyand Croatia) laminator cost a lot of money, last time when I was going to buy it I realise that price is without gold bar :)
I realy dont wont to change vinyl that I use, beacuse I got realy great supplier for it.
Sometimes I get this wrinkles when I start to wrap decal, in this case I smooth it from back side of the linear, but sometimes the wrinkles come back but not every time.
Any other suggestions about this? Like home made laminator?

Attachments

• DSC00960.jpg
    DSC00960.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00959.jpg
    DSC00959.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 141

Moze

Yes, precisely. If you ship it "loose", the transfer paper can start separating and can cause all kinds of headaches for the installer.