• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency Gradient

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Possible to assign a gradient from color --> transparency? Option is there in advanced but defaults back to white when transparency is clicked on.

bannertime

There currently aren't any options to set transparency for colors in gradients. Why? I really have no idea. You can import AI/PDF files that have transparent gradients. Flexi can render it. If you separate the gradient you'll see that it's a huge black and white gradient mask and a single color gradient with the Shade options 100% on one side and 0% on the other. If you try to duplicate this setup or even try to remask the gradient, it doesn't work. There may be something changed on the Transparency tab, but I've never gotten anything to work. In the help sections, there is nothing about setting transparency, alpha, or opacity as related to gradients. It appears to be a major feature that is missing. It may be possible with addons, or importing Adobe Effects, but I've never spent the time to set that up.

There are ways to set something up so that it appears to have a transparent mask, but I won't go into detail on that. It only works if you're working with solid colors. i.e. black vignette type border or making text fade into the background color.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It's always been a frustration not being able to create a gradient like that. Always have to jump to PS to make one.

AKwrapguy

Possible to assign a gradient from color --> transparency? Option is there in advanced but defaults back to white when transparency is clicked on.

You can create a color to white gradient and change the blending mode. Not the same and you might have to tweak it but depending on what your doing it might work. You would be better off doing it in Illustrator and importing it in. It's one of the many things I wish that they would work on in Flexi.

Inkscape does with no problem. Just like attached green gradient.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 370

Allen123

In Illustrator, in the "Trasparancey" window, change from Normal to Multiply. Read about it on a thread here, actually. I think this will give you the effect you're after.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Yea, I know I can recreate in PS or AI and import... just was kinda confused to as why "a major feature is missing" or if I was missing something. Thanks

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I reached out to Flexi tech support on this and many other issues I have with the software once. I hit on transparent gradients, poor performance and freezing on heavy vector files, and multiple other issues I can't recall at the moment. The tech sort of laughed at me and said he would forward my concern to their engineering department!

Below is a video made by one of designers on how to import a soft mask into Flexi and how to manipulate it once its there, since you can't actually create it inside of Flexi. He's a little challenged in the verbal department, but you'll get the point.

bannertime

I reached out to Flexi tech support on this and many other issues I have with the software once. I hit on transparent gradients, poor performance and freezing on heavy vector files, and multiple other issues I can't recall at the moment. The tech sort of laughed at me and said he would forward my concern to their engineering department!

Below is a video made by one of designers on how to import a soft mask into Flexi and how to manipulate it once its there, since you can't actually create it inside of Flexi. He's a little challenged in the verbal department, but you'll get the point.

Interesting. I didn't know you could scale that mask down. This is exactly what I was talking about in my post, but I also had no idea you could successfully change the color once it was imported. Anyway, I think I'll stick to using Illustrator for the heavier design work.

Bobas Kalobas

wow, he mumbles thru it half the time and I cant understand him.