• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency Issues

DoubleDiamond

We have been dealing with this for years and need to know if there are any solutions. We use ai c6 on a pc and print to the Roland SP-540V through RVW 5.2. A friend of ours prints on the same machine from Flexi and has none of the issues. We pay him to print some of our jobs when a color change is unacceptable. He has printed several wraps for us with a bright yellow background and they come out fine. On ours the yellow looks green. A slight amount of cyan is added. It seems these files must be flattened and make every color change, even the black is dark gray. If the fie has no transparency, we don't flatten and have perfect results. I feel the problem is with RVW. I have read Corel Draw has the same issue.
We have tried photohop too and saving as every file type. We have saved as pdf 1.6 and the others with the flattening presets. If we save a 100% yellow in ps it is too light, only the illy 100% yellow is OK. We notice the change in color to every flattened file, but luckily they are mostly acceptable. It's the others we need a solution for because paying someone to print them is getting old.:banghead:

Thanks, Joe

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is most likely going to be fixed by trying out new profiles and settings in RVW. I am not a color guy but I have had similar issues.

If you are making files that have a combination of vector and bitmap images, it is possible that your color spaces are conflicting. I.E the bitmaps are in RGB and the vector is in CMYK. Since the RIP interprets these two color spaces differently you get unexpected results when a transparency in one color space is layered over a different color space. Make sure your entire file's color settings are set to either RGB or CMYK and test a file that way. Also, in your RIP try setting the rendering intents for vector and bitmap to the same setting to see if that helps as well.

There are some real color guys and RVW users on here that I am sure can help further.

For the transparency issue (color change inside the rectangular area of the transparency) the solution is to use a specific Color Management setting in Versaworks, called Full Page Conversion Mode. It is located in the Job Settings dialog > Quality tab > Color Management Preset list box. See the attached for more info on the default rendering intents used with this Preset.

In my experience, this resolves the transparency issue in the majority of cases.

Attachments

• Full Page Convert.jpg
    Full Page Convert.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 78

richin501

make sure your adobe CS programs have color settings synchronized as well - if you are not synchronized there and RVW is set to use embedded profile then you're running mismatched profiles

AdobeRGB is great for getting a good color gamut and is almost standard in graphics industry; as well, US SWOP has become defacto standard
however, i like to use US Sheetfed to achieve slightly richer colors

reQ

Yeah, all about color profiles. And always check what you exporting RGB/CMYK. If you will export file as CMYK and trying to print like RGB - there will be color change. Same with RGB to CMYK. I use sRGB & US Swop in corel. In my case it works perfect, but you might have to do yours different to your liking.