• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparent Lens Problem - Not all Printing

Graphics2u

Ok, I'm using Flexi 8.6 and using a Transparent Lens to make a shadow on some lettering that is placed on top of a vector background with a Seemless Tile fill. The first picture shows what you see in Flexi and what the preview looks like in production manager. However when it prints what you get is in the second picture, no shadow on the T & R. Very strange! Those are the only letters without the shadow. I've tried to print it being grouped all together, and ungrouped into separate pieces. Same results. I finally got it to print by rasterizing the background and the shadow and laying the text over that bitmap image. But that's not a real great solution because it needs to match other things I've printed already without rasterizing and now it's off slightly just because it's a bitmap being ripped not a vector image as the others were.

Any ideas on what's happening. I've had some issues with Transparent lens in Flexi but not this kind of thing.

Thanks

Attachments

• Lens.jpg
    Lens.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Lens2.jpg
    Lens2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 77

CS-SignSupply

Did you separate the outline from the letter, duplicate the outline and then apply the Lens?

The lens feature was problematic in 8.x but have not seen this for a LONG while.

Version 10 now has a Transparent Shadow option that would work better.

LittleSnakey

I think the problem is with the outline function not the lens. I also have this problem on some fonts when applying an outline, and if you change the size of the outline the problem will sometimes go away. You can try adding a stroke to the text instead of the outline also.

Last edited:

Graphics2u

Did you separate the outline from the letter, duplicate the outline and then apply the Lens?
That's exactly how I created it. Biege colored font, black outline, separate outline, duplicate the separated outline, offset it slightly, applied Transparent Lens. What seems so odd is that it shows up fine in Rip & Print preview and in the Job Properties in Production Manager. But apparently when it rips it it gets lost somewhere.

Graphics2u

I think the problem is with the outline function not the lens. I also have this problem on some fonts when applying an outline, and if you change the size of the outline the problem will sometimes go away. You can try adding a stroke to the text instead of the outline also.
I've had that issue also. But this time the outline works fine around all the letters and the Transparent Lens all looks great on screen, it just doesn't print everything you see.

HardbargerSigns

File extensions mater...

Also be mindful that certain rip software has trouble understanding shadows & transparencies from the .PDF file extensions. You may have better luck exporting your files as an .EPS. :smile: