• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparent objects SP300 + Colorip 2.2. HOW TO?

zm71

Hi signs... When printing transparent objects with Roland SP300 + Colorip 2.2 + Saving in Illustrator 9.0 the transparency doesn't colour-match with whats around even if Illustrator shows EXACTLY the same colors. Any tips how to fix this?

Let me know if you don't understand what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

Thanks!

J Hill Designs

rasterize, then print.

transparency over spot is an issue, especially with older RIPs

not sure if you can in colorrip, but setting rendering intents to the same for both raster and vector should work too

The problem is that the RIP is interpreting the area of the transparency (typically a rectangular area) differently than the area without the transparency. The Roland ColorRIP is a very old product (around 9 years old at this point) and I tend to doubt that matching the raster and vector Rendering Intents would resolve this in software of that time - but it could. I would set both to Relative Colorimetric and see if that helps with this. But there is an alternative that always works.

The simplest and surest answer to this is to rasterize the image and print pixels rather than vectors.