• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Trouble Getting Warranty Parts

TheOwlGuy

I purchased a CGFXII-160 last September and the panel board failed back in May.

Mimaki said it's covered under warranty and said the part would be directly shipped to me and I will have to install the board myself.

It's now months later, no parts, my new cutter doesn't work and now the rep is telling me that there is no parts to supply me with as their China operations are shut down.

How am I going to get my under warranty machine repaired now?

CanuckSigns

If the manufacturer can't supply you with parts on a new machine, I would say they owe you a new machine. Spend $100 to have your lawyer write the dealer and the manufacturer a letter stating such. If they don't supply you with a working cutter they are in breach of contract to you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I took a look into it because I had a hunch that the part number had changed which is why the old one is out of stock. It has happened to me a couple times with Mimaki. Anyway, the new part number is M018303 and they have 1 in stock in Atlanta. Let your rep know!

TheOwlGuy

I've been on my rep and Mimaki Atlanta for months.

They know me well and I go do color profiles for new equipment for my rep.

My rep told me there is no parts and the repair tech has to get permission to scavenge the panel off a new machine first.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've been on my rep and Mimaki Atlanta for months.

They know me well and I go do color profiles for new equipment for my rep.

My rep told me there is no parts and the repair tech has to get permission to scavenge the panel off a new machine first.

Interesting. I'm a dealer and my sales rep confirmed it's available in Atlanta. Do you know what part number they are using?

TheOwlGuy

No, I’m afraid I don’t know the part number.

I’d take the board and install it under the button panel myself if they would sent it to me.

I’ve been asking for this warranty part for months.