• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble importing jobs to FlexiPRINT 8.5

Graphics2u

I tried to search for some info on this but didn't find much. I have FlexiPRINT 8.5 SE (Mutoh Edition) which is basically a stripped down print only version of Production Manager, and am trying to add jobs to print. I'm having alot of trouble with colors and I've tried all kinds of Rendering intents with very little change in the outcome. And some jobs are simply not opening at all. I use FlexiPRO 7.6 and have for years but now need to send jobs with the 8.5 because of driver unavailability in 7.6.

If I save as a .eps in flexi and open that in FlexiPRINT 8.5 the colors are terrible all washed out, way off! If I save as a jpg the colors are much better, but unless I save at 300 dpi the edges aren't real sharp and crisp like a vector .eps file. And on larger prints 300 dpi is too big of a file.

If I save as a .ai it won't open into FlexiPRINT. If I save as a .FS Flexi File it won't open either even though it should according to the add job dialouge box. Is that because I'm using 7.6 to save the Flexi file and 8.5 to try and open it?

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Really frustrating because I used to just send directly to Production Manager through Rip and Print Box in Flexi 7.6 and never had any issues like this.

encadtech

I am using pretty much the arlon 4560 GTX preset as a generic - you can get it from Feller's site - They also have a ton of others.

Graphics2u

I understand the color thing is most likely profile related.

But why won't it open .FS files or .AI files?

encadtech

I always feed flattened tiffs from Photoshop to FlexiPrint. I had import problems with it and never looked in to it. GL

mikey-Oh

to get the flexi files open, you could export them to a flexi 7.5 file. otherwise i'd recommend working with high res tiffs