• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Trouble with color

Image Express

I have a latex 360 printer, and having trouble with greys turning green and the rest of print has a light color than what is expected. I’m attaching 2 pic to show the color difference. Any help or need more info please lmk and I will get for you.

Thanks

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
PRINTER LINEARIZATION? I had the same trouble in the past and had to have my Roland Ink Jet printer & rip software calibrated by a tech

Image Express

Thanks for the reply.. onyx does not support my version and hp will only help if it’s relates to the printer and not onyx. I did ask support. They said it likely that the linearzation table needs calibrated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You have all that in the printer. Just make sure your printheads are in good working state and then study the color calibration / ICC creation feature.

Image Express

I’ve done 3 to 4 recal on printer. And get the same results. I read on another post to create a profile off the printer. Did that today and now I’m getting a little magenta in the grey now.

I have put brand new inks in and printheads. They probably only have less than 5 to 10 percent usage on the printheads. Also hp keep having me do test plots on print heads every time I do something different. And they keep telling me that the print heads still look fine. So, really not sure.

Thanks

BigNate

I’ve done 3 to 4 recal on printer. And get the same results. I read on another post to create a profile off the printer. Did that today and now I’m getting a little magenta in the grey now.

I have put brand new inks in and printheads. They probably only have less than 5 to 10 percent usage on the printheads. Also hp keep having me do test plots on print heads every time I do something different. And they keep telling me that the print heads still look fine. So, really not sure.

Thanks
if you can find an old PMS cmyk book - make your own profiles optimizing for grey, but start with the ones that the book says can be displayed properly with your cmyk gamut.... I find the old cmyk to pms guide to be very helpful (if you can find a cmyk mixing book that would be best - that has ink ratios for mixing liquid inks or cmyk to approximate the spot color book... a little different than the print percentages... both books will give you the needed data to build your own.... just realize the pigments may have changed slightly if the book is old, so use it as a very good starting point)