• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble With Nip Roller Gap/Silvering - Help!

ChrisBianchi

The shop I work at bought a DP-1600mm laminating machine from Dapeng Precision Machinery about a year and a half ago to run 54" rolls of material. They've never been able to use the machine, however, because there is a small gap/unevenness in the pressure around the middle of the nip rollers. Recently we've tried several methods to troubleshoot this problem to no avail. Even if we can get the gap to close while the rolls aren't in motion, it appears to open up as the rollers start moving which is causing silvering down the middle of the print. I've read up on the torquing that causes the rollers to bend when in motion, and the crowning on rollers to counteract this as well as some potential adjustments to reduce silvering, but nothing seems to work.

Setting aside the quality of the machine (we have what we have), are there any solutions to this problem we're overlooking? Are the nip rollers that came with the machine just bunk? Any insight would be appreciated.