• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with Summa... Please help!

Ed

Hi all...

I have a problem I have never encountered before - if anyone can help I'd much appreciate it!!

Summa Cutter D60 has stopped responding from the GSP Plot program via Omega Composer 2.5.

Both Omega/GSP Plot & Summa have been working fine all day, but now when trying to "Query" the material in GSP Plot's "Plotter/Printer Select", it runs through 20 attempts and fails. ("No Response from QGMgr. Would you like to try again?"). Additionally, when trying to "Cut/Pounce F8" there is no reaction. Interestingly, the job does show in the QGMgr list (second window).

Also, the D60 DOES go through the initial shuffle "Please Wait" process when loading the material, and the test cut (box containing an X) will cut via the Summa Cutter Control.

It's 10.50pm here & I have some urgent work to complete which is why I'm not calling the supplier and/or Summa.

Thanks!!!

---- UPDATE ----

Well... it's bizarre to me, but luckily I've found a temporary solution!

I have installed "Winplot 6" which came on the Summa Drivers disk - and that works! It uses .isi files.

I tried using a different computer (also with Composer 2.5, which has worked in the past) & an old version of Flexi, but no joy. I cannot Send/Transmit .plt or .hgl files directly to the Summer cutter either. (Or rather, they appear to send - but nothing happens).

So it would appear that the cutter has a problem with .plt /.hgl files all of a sudden? But is OK with .isi.
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear Composer can create .isi files though.

Has anyone a suggestion as to how I get my Summa's .plt groove back?
Thanks for the views...

Last edited:

Ed

Problem Solved :)

Hi All,

Thought I should give you an update as to how this problem has been fixed... very simple really!!

The "emulate" settings on the Summa had reset to default (DM/PL), I merely needed to set this back to HP-GL.

Now all is back to normal, & working a treat!

Cheers, Ed.