• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Troubleshooting Head Issue SC60600

Randerson

Have a SC60600 that has been randomly having issues with head 2 and wondering if anyone had insight to help me narrow it down what's causing it. Smaller prints are usually fine but on a 4x8' light banding will start to occur about 18-24" in. A nozzle check will then show spots on head 2, a clean will then fix it. Sometimes the rest of the print will then be fine, other times it may need an additional clean or two to make it through the 4'x8' print. The spots on the nozzle check are completely random, with the exception of one spot on BK1 that is always there even after a cleaning. Head 1 has no issues. Just trying to figure out if head 2 needs replaced, or if it is something more simple such as a pump or damper. When it works it works great, just don't want to have to babysit it during larger prints. Thank you!

swordguy3222

If you see issues with nozzles missing and they keep moving around, it's most likely something either on the capping station or the wiper that is moving a small hair or fluff. Do a thorough clean of all parts. Also make sure your platen is clean. Ink might be there, but dust and fine debris might be hanging around on the part without materials, and is cling to head when carriage passes over. If you think it's damper/ink starvation, you can add a print pass delay of 1-2 seconds. So the machine can catch up with refilling. If you're using profiles that came with rip, might be something to add, I don't trust those profiles. Hope this helps.

mim

0_o
Try wiping down the inside of the printer, you could be picking up dust as it prints. If you clean it will remove the dust from the head but then it will build back up if it's dirty in there, which would explain the random nozzle spots. Make sure the material isnt dirty as well.

RG

I have a s40600 printer that seems to have the same problem. Using Flexi v21 is it possible to pause the head for 1 or 2 seconds each print pass? I don't see any way in Flexi or in the printer control panel to do this. Am I just missing something. This was easy to do in Flexi with my last printer which was a Mutoh.

Randerson

If you see issues with nozzles missing and they keep moving around, it's most likely something either on the capping station or the wiper that is moving a small hair or fluff. Do a thorough clean of all parts. Also make sure your platen is clean. Ink might be there, but dust and fine debris might be hanging around on the part without materials, and is cling to head when carriage passes over. If you think it's damper/ink starvation, you can add a print pass delay of 1-2 seconds. So the machine can catch up with refilling. If you're using profiles that came with rip, might be something to add, I don't trust those profiles. Hope this helps.
Try wiping down the inside of the printer, you could be picking up dust as it prints. If you clean it will remove the dust from the head but then it will build back up if it's dirty in there, which would explain the random nozzle spots. Make sure the material isnt dirty as well.
Sounds like a damper issue. Smaller prints are fine, larger prints have banding issues.
Thank you for all the replies. I did find some crud on the capping station for head 2 and cleaned it up. Haven't done a larger print since then but hoping that was the issue. If the issue still persists I'll be looking at the dampers.

• Agree
Reactions: mim