• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TrueVis inks & heat transfer material

Ymmit

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with TrueVis inks not setting properly on printable heat transfer material?

Using Roland VG-540, Versaworks Dual.

A few examples of what I've tried so far;

Stahl's SportsFilm - No problems with this one. Prints & transfers perfectly but is much more expensive.

Siser ColourPrint PU - Generic heat transfer profile doesn't work, print is blotchy. Will only print at high quality, Generic Vinyl 2. Transfers to garment fine.

Siser ColourPrint/Stahl's ColourPrint Classic - (pretty sure these are the same product). Generic heat transfer profile, prints perfectly at standard quality. Let prints dry at least twelve hours..under fans for a few hours too. Problem is after pressing, when removing transfer film a good lot of ink is being pulled up with it leaving the image badly faded looking..have attached image of this.
I've tried different pressure & heat settings, letting film cool before removing and numerous different printing profiles for this material but to no avail.

Any ideas/insight much appreciated!

Tim

Attachments

• Faded.jpg
    Faded.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 455

kanini

The TrueVis has a reputation of not working with heat transfers, you should check this with your dealer but bad news I'm afraid...

Ymmit

Yeah, looks like that's what we'll have to use from now on. Will have to buy it in from UK though as it's way too expensive to buy locally.