• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TrueVis VG 540 - Replacing Heads, Main Board

alex_twg

Hey there,

I started a thread a couple days ago about my blues being purple. Today I contacted a Roland tech and we tried everything to get it printing correctly but to no avail. He concluded that it is a hardware issue and that I need to replace head 1. If that doesn't work then I need to replace the main board.

Can anyone that has had either (or both) of these replaced tell me how much it cost you?
I would just like more information as a reference,

Thanks in advance.

Scott at Roland

Hey there,

I started a thread a couple days ago about my blues being purple. Today I contacted a Roland tech and we tried everything to get it printing correctly but to no avail. He concluded that it is a hardware issue and that I need to replace head 1. If that doesn't work then I need to replace the main board.

Can anyone that has had either (or both) of these replaced tell me how much it cost you?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alex - Please call Roland Technical Support directly 800-542-2307 and describe your problem to the support agent. While I admit that I do not know the details of your specific issue, I am having trouble making the leap from print head to main board. If this advice was provided by my technical support team, can you please private message me the serial number of your printer so that I may take a look at your support case?

Sooner4258

Hey there,

Thanks in advance.
I just replaced head 1 myself - digiprint parts cost was $780 - new head, new double damper, new cap and new wiper. i ordered 2 cables for the head but did not need them head comes with cables attached

mk405

I just replaced head 1 myself - digiprint parts cost was $780 - new head, new double damper, new cap and new wiper. i ordered 2 cables for the head but did not need them head comes with cables attached
hi, i want to replace one of my heads, i cant justify/ afford the tech to come out. im willing to tackle it on can you help or give me advise on how to replace it. i have a vg540. it sucks i cant even find as much as a video on how to change the capping stations let alone a video on how to replace a head. my story: my heads were fine, without notice the pinch wheels must of been dried and broke while printing i was not in the room so rubber from the pink wheel plus the vinyl that jammed struck the head, all heads had pieces of rubber and adhesive luckily i was able to clean and save them all even the damaged head, it only misfires about 8-12 dozen dashes on a test print. if i print on high quality its not noticeable only when i print blue colors i get some cyan overspray.

damonCA21

If you get the service manual it will take you through the steps to change the head and calibrate it after fitting. It's not that hard to do, but you need to be VERY careful not to get ink onto places it shouldn't be !