• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TrueVis VG2-540 red and orange wont print

BSGCA

Goodmorning, I have currently run into an issue with my printer I had a head strike the media got caught and stopped the print head. I had to power down the machine due to motor error. I reset did a clean and my first print came out perfect than when i started to run an additional print the red wouldn't appear instead I was getting a pinkish purple color. so, I proceeded to do a manual clean around the heads I checked the lines and cleaned around the docking and it continued to not print red. I ran some additional deep cleans and manual cleans since last night and I am currently at a loss. the heads and calibration and nozzle mask tests came back good I will post a picture to show that. I am starting to think my issue lies in the wiring but I'm not sure how to go about that. any help or advise will be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20240522_094847.jpg
    20240522_094847.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 56

cornholio

You should have 8 channels. If you don't have white, one channel is missing (orange or red)
You can try to run the machine in CMYK mode by activating the modes in Versaworks.

SlikGRFX

We had a head strike recently on our SG2. Same Ricoh heads I think. Like yours, the ink on one channel stopped completely. Something inside the head broke and unfortunately we had to fit a new print head.

It seems these heads are pretty fragile.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Your orange channel is gone. It contributes greatly to the reds when it's used. As cornholio says, choose a print mode or profile that doesn't use orange and you should be able to get some production done without orange till you can get the head replaced.
The heads aren't necessarily fragile, they're just not designed to make contact with anything other than cap tops and wipers. If you had a head strike it's most likely a physical thing not an electrical thing.
Good luck

petepaz

Your orange channel is gone. It contributes greatly to the reds when it's used. As cornholio says, choose a print mode or profile that doesn't use orange and you should be able to get some production done without orange till you can get the head replaced.
The heads aren't necessarily fragile, they're just not designed to make contact with anything other than cap tops and wipers. If you had a head strike it's most likely a physical thing not an electrical thing.
Good luck
long story short, we have an LG-640, the UV version with orange and red which are not running due to issues on rolands end so there is a profile called "generic sign production (CMYK)" and if you chose that option you should be able to rpint in cmyk mode until you get the other channels fixed