• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to create a grid for perf cutting

F80M3

Custom Title
Right now I'm doing 500 4x4 squares. so i create the 1 design, then Step and Repeat it leaving a .1 space between each design.

I have it setup as 4x4" and then a .1 space and 4x4"

so there are 2 cuts between each square, is there an easy way to set it up so that there is just 1 cut between the 2 squares (less waste and easier to pull apart mainly being much easier to pull apart)

I hope I'm making sense...

here is a rough and dirty pic showing what i mean.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 197

jfiscus

Rap Master
Set it up so that only the top line and left line are there, then step and repeat with zero space in between. You will either have to manually cut the one very final far right and bottom line in each group, or manually insert it in the file after you step/repeat, but I think this is what you're after.

F80M3

Custom Title
what software are you using

The latest version of Flexisign

Set it up so that only the top line and left line are there, then step and repeat with zero space in between. You will either have to manually cut the one very final far right and bottom line in each group, or manually insert it in the file after you step/repeat, but I think this is what you're after.

hmm thats one way to do it!

As described in an earlier post. You need lines instead of "squares".

Ill have to try this..Im surprised there is a work around and not an actual setting for this tho :)

Thanks

visual800

make 10 squares in a ro
CTRL 8 to make them all line up at top
highlight all of them and go to arrange>spacing
a box will pop up and you can choose horizontal and put the value at ZERO

now you can GROUP those 10 together and just make 10 more under it and space those vertically
that will do you 100 of these squares

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
make 10 squares in a ro
CTRL 8 to make them all line up at top
highlight all of them and go to arrange>spacing
a box will pop up and you can choose horizontal and put the value at ZERO

now you can GROUP those 10 together and just make 10 more under it and space those vertically
that will do you 100 of these squares

Doing that will make the plotter cut over the same place TWICE everywhere except the outer borders. Follow the advice of only left and top lines.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have Illustrator you can just use the Rectangular Grid Tool. You tell it how big to make everything and it just creates the grid for you.