• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to figure out what type of media these decals are made with. Any Ideas?

tanner707

Does anyone know what type of vinyl is being used for these decals?
Features

IsItFasst

The "dishwasher safe" it the complex one as most vinyl manufactuerers don't have material that they say is dishwasher safe (even though I have had decent luck with some working throughout several washes).

tanner707

The "dishwasher safe" it the complex one as most vinyl manufactuerers don't have material that they say is dishwasher safe (even though I have had decent luck with some working throughout several washes).
I think it is a low adhesion removable vinyl that has been laminated. I am thinking that its most likely a Chinese made vinyl no brand vinyl. They just put their own brand on it. I could be wrong. "Dishwasher safe" possibly. I am sure it could survive the washing process as long as its not on the sanitize setting. I think it may come off in the dishwasher, but the decal itself could reapplied. I will have some of these this weekend to look at closer. Thanks for your input.

JBurton

Signtologist
Since their 'about us' says the stickers are printed at a shop a block away, I'd say it's these guys: https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...!3d48.7581603!4d-122.4645939!16s/g/11df0rkhk3
Call them up and ask them. They aren't selling the first company a proprietary setup so much as a design, so they would likely tell you what goes into these stickers...

ikarasu

Buy some and see. A lot of companies have absurd claims about stuff being dishwasher safe - we bought my kids a "sticker pack" from school with his name on it to label everything, supposed to be dishwasher safe... I think after the first week the decal had completely fallen off. Using a good cast vinyl lasts longer than those supposed dishwasher safe decals.

Look at their website, all the examples - there's a huuuuge gso between the cut and the sticker... So their vinyl is shrinking a lot. Ive only ever seen that happen on $100 cheap rolls of vinyl, even the name brand direct from China stuff suppliers use don't shrink that much.

ikarasu

Heres an example. Look how much their sticker is shrinking... It looks like half their photos have this much shrinkage and the other half doesn't. At first I thought it was intentional to show that it peels off in a shape, but if it were they'd all be like that...

Screenshot_20230129_110847_Chrome.jpg