• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TS300P-1800 Head Cleaning, Flushing and Rebuild

Smoke_Jaguar

Picked up one of the TS300P sublimation printers that is in bad need of head cleaning. Since solvent ink cleaner was used, it resulted in nightmarish clogs. Also, having issues with gunk built up in the lines. No luck sourcing a service manual for the thing either, but it seems to share most controls/firmware stuff with solvent and other printers.

First project is going to be a full line flush. Got 2L flush bags on the way. I know there is an Ink Fill option, but the standard user manual seems to make little mention of actually fully flushing all the lines. Hopefully this will help when it comes to dislodging junk in the lines. Might also add inline filters, since sublimation inks can get quite chunky.

If this doesn't work, next option will be light ultrasonic cleaning and flushing of the heads with a printhead cleaning system. I have 1 old head in decent condition as well as a head with a collapsed channel I can experiment on first. Should help me decide if it's worth the risk. Clogged heads are still bad heads, so not having to buy new ones is ideal. Also, if anyone needs some SB410/411 ink, I have more than I will ever need.

Smoke_Jaguar

Service manual acquired, thanks!

Got 8x 2L bags of flush coming in. Had really good results purging one of the lines and recovering all but about 20 nozzles in about 3 hours. Hoping a nice soak will do the printer good.