• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV 150 black lines on prints

Alex C

Hi there,

Since last week, I have been facing an issue with UCJV 150-160 where black unwanted lines is been mixing with yellow color.
Cap adjustment done - Negative & Positive pressure checked and within range - wiper good - waste pump looks to be working fine - cap absorber new.
The first nozzle test after cleaning is fine - the second test print shows a black line onto the yellow side. Can the capping be responsible? Looks like a leakage but not sure. What can be done for next step.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_5766.JPEG
    IMG_5766.JPEG
    488.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5767.JPEG
    IMG_5767.JPEG
    709.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5768.JPEG
    IMG_5768.JPEG
    764 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5769.JPEG
    IMG_5769.JPEG
    626 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5770.JPEG
    IMG_5770.JPEG
    456.1 KB · Views: 85

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello,

Unable to get get access to Air Purge directly, need to got through a Head Wash first..

Yours
Desire C
You don't have the "Air PG" item in the maintenance menu? You have to go through the main menu and then the maintenance menu. It won't be in the quick maintenance menu.

Alex C

You don't have the "Air PG" item in the maintenance menu? You have to go through the main menu and then the maintenance menu. It won't be in the quick maintenance menu.
Hi,
Air purge have been done.
Cyan good
Magenta good
Yellow tiny air bubbles in ink
Black no ink at all only air.

Sub tank levels -- High -- for all four colors.

Yours,
D

White Haus

Not a Newbie
How do the bottom of your heads look?

We had a similar issue recently and it turned out the wiper hadn't been making contact with the heads for a couple of months. (Don't ask me how this is possible, no one knows)

It resulted in black streaking like you've shown (not quite as bad though).

Try checking to see if there's ink pooling underneath the heads.

Alex C

How do the bottom of your heads look?

We had a similar issue recently and it turned out the wiper hadn't been making contact with the heads for a couple of months. (Don't ask me how this is possible, no one knows)

It resulted in black streaking like you've shown (not quite as bad though).

Try checking to see if there's ink pooling underneath the heads.
Hi Haus,
underneath (Bottom of) the print head is clean, like no ink splattering. The wiper is working fine.
I have made a test yesterday, where i've moved the carriage at the maintenance bay and turn the printer off for 20mins and
observe the print head.
After 20 mins obesrvations made show 2 drop of ink under the print head ( K side)

thats not normal, im suspecting the head to be the damage any suggestion please?

Regards

Alex C