• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ucjv300-160 registration mark size

neoguri

Hey fellow Mimaki users, I am trying to figure out what is the best default size for registration marks, I am getting unable to detect registration mark errors.

Help appreciated.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I use .5. Make sure you reload it straight. You can also try to stick a piece of tape over the rear media sensor, it might be getting over covered as it scans and giving you the error.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you use the FineCut plug in for Illustrator or Corel, it will recommend a size for you depending on how big the job is. Otherwise most people use the default. If you're getting mark detect errors, try upping the sensor sensitivity. It will be in the regular cutting menu on the printer. Also, when setting the red dot to detect the marks, make sure you aren't touching any of the mark. If the dot it touching any of the black part of the mark, it can miss the detection. The best way to do it is to imagine the mark is a complete box and put the dot in the middle of that box. A lot of people try to get it right in the corner for some reason and that causes issues.

neoguri

I am currently using .6 and .03 line width, and seems to be having good results after messing with different sizes for a while.

How do I up the sensor sensitivity?

I currently don't use finecut, although I can have it installed.