• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 Error 90d

Smoke_Jaguar

Got a fun one that's been haunting me for a while. It pops up randomly at times, so not too easy to pin down. Guaranteed error if you do a print cleaning cycle with just head 2 selected and will occasionally pop up on a supply ink/overflow error. Error 90d.
Service manual states:
1. Check the number of the mounted heads set in the parameter. (System parameter No.66: "UCJV150"=1, "UCJV300"=2)

Parameter is correct, however head 2 seems to never really get cleaned (also cannot be cleaned alone). Currently stuck on firmware 2.9, so might be a bug in that version (3.2+ is current I think). Not really sure where to go on this one as it seems to be a total oddball. Also, not sure if firmware can be remotely updated by a Mimaki tech or someone with a 'borrowed' updater. Dropped AmCad an email as PDS seemed uninterested, but it seems like an unnecessary issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure your Maintenance Parameter number 0 is set to 0. It sounds like the parameters may be conflicting. They both tell the machine what model it is so maybe one is overriding the other.

Was a head wash done at any point where the service menu fill up was not done by mistake? I lost my head select cleaning ability after a head wash from doing the wrong fill up cycle after head wash.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd get the original parameters from Mimaki and start from scratch. It sounds like the parameters are messed up. That error is related to a parameter mismatch of some sort and a lot of the time reverting back to the original ones will fix issues.

Smoke_Jaguar

Guess I will give it a shot and contact them, seems there is an issue with the firmware updater in RL6 as well. I know parameters are their own thing, so I guess I need to try and see if there is a separate parameter upload/download tool as well.

Smoke_Jaguar

Well that was a waste of time. Mimaki's corporate response was to say it was too complicated to do and that they didn't allow anyone to have access to the software tools to do a parameter reset. No luck with AmCad in Dallas either, seems they only work on machines they sold. Gotta fight for your right to repair.

Smoke_Jaguar

Seems the issue is popping up again with new firmware and factory restored parameters, joy. Thankfully I have parameters, and the program to set them now. Shh, it's a secret. The printer did work ok before, but now, without proper cleaning on head 2, clear/white go to hell and stay that way.

Smoke_Jaguar

Quick update, factory parameters with just adjustments made to ink fill status, still get the same error. Slider comms seem good, reset battery/SD card in case those might be holding wonky parameters. Talked to a Mimaki tech I know and he said he's seen it before and will try and to look into what the remedy was. As far as I can tell, it is some sort of bug. Firmware 3.0 and 3.4 as well as the old 2.8 I was running all did it. 3.4 seems to be the latest as well. More updates as they come.