• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 Print and Cut way off due to media jam

kbrys

I am running two UCJV300-160s. Prior to me one of the printers had a media jam and since then it does not contour cut correctly. The contour cut is about one inch off in the x axis ( the y axis looks good) . I have run the Print and Cut Adjustment (with crops) a few different times on different vinyls and each one comes out fine. Does anyone know what else I can look at and adjust?
Thank for any help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Keep in mind that Mimaki looks at the printer from the side on so the Y axis for people like me who works on them is actually left and right and the X axis is up and down. I assume that you're having issues with the alignment left to right? Also, the alignment process for "with crops" and "without crops" are actually 2 different settings. So aligning one won't align the other. Did the media jam while printing or cutting?

kbrys

Keep in mind that Mimaki looks at the printer from the side on so the Y axis for people like me who works on them is actually left and right and the X axis is up and down. I assume that you're having issues with the alignment left to right? Also, the alignment process for "with crops" and "without crops" are actually 2 different settings. So aligning one won't align the other. Did the media jam while printing or cutting?
Yes, From left to right. The jam happen during printing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, From left to right. The jam happen during printing.
If it happened during the print, the crop mark sensor most likely hasn't been affected as it wouldn't have been connected at the time. When you do the print/cut alignment with the crop marks, are you also testing it on a print and cut job with crop marks or without?

kbrys

Yes, all my jobs I have tested had crop marks on them. I just did a quick print/cut alignment with crops and without crops and both we perfect.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, all my jobs I have tested had crop marks on them. I just did a quick print/cut alignment with crops and without crops and both we perfect.
OK so this should be an interesting one then. The print/cut alignment is coming from Rasterlink just like a regular job so your print/cut jobs should be just as accurate. I'll have to think about it. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

kbrys

Could a setting be off in Rasterlink? I can move the printed vinyl to my other printer and it will cut fine.
Thanks for all your help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Could a setting be off in Rasterlink? I can move the printed vinyl to my other printer and it will cut fine.
Thanks for all your help.
The actual alignment is handled by the printer so Rasterlink shouldn't have anything to do with it being off.