• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question ucjv300 relocation

willkho

Hi all,
I'm relocating ucjv300 to new place, the distance is about 1/2 hour drive.
Wondering anyone ever relocate this printer? Any tips good tips for preparing it for transport and reinstallation?

Thanks.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hey there,

Yes, we’ve relocated many of these. For your short journey, while it’s not neccessary to flush the system, it is critical to discharge the inks from the subtanks by going to #ADJUST => SUBTANK => DISCHARGE.

The 4 chambers of each subtank share a common air chamber at the top and if ink is left in there when relocating, it will slosh between tanks and mix. You’d think this would just cause color contamination however what we’ve seen is that the ink will actually gel and clog the heads if allowed to mix.

If you think it will be a smooth trip and you can load and unload without tilting the machine then it will be OK to leave ink in the ink tanks (the reservoirs beneath the Bottles), but take the bottles out. We usually also put a pad of lint free, absorbant material in each bottle mount and tape the “hatch” down in case of any splashing. If it’s going to be a rough trip or you have to tilt, then empty the whole machine with #ADJUST => HEAD WASH =>DISCHARGE.

If you have any questions about getting into the service menus or how to use the options I described then you really should call your local dealer.

As far as the transport itself, we usually recommend a small box truck or cargo van. Make sure all the leg bolts are tight, make sure your waste tank is empty, remove the ink IC chips and lock the Print Head Carriage in place with the original bracket. If you don’t have this then for a short trip you can run some strips of tape from the Carriage Cover, out over the control panel.

Pad the wall of the vehicle with moving blankets or cardboard and then use a couple of ratchet tie-downs around the legs to pull the printer tight to the wall. You may also want to run a strap over the center of the printer body, but don’t pull this tight as you don’t want to crush the sheet metal covers - this is just more for security. Put all the ink bottles in a box and put a nitrile or latex glove over the special cap on each to keep dirt and light off them. Drive carefully.

At the other end, move the printer into place, unlock the Head Carriage, plug into power and reinstall all your inks. If you only discharged the Subtanks then go back into that menu and choose the SUBTANK => FILLUP option. If you used the HEAD WASH option then the machine should start up asking for the Ink Type and color set - follow the prompts.

That’s basically it. Again, if uncomfortable with any of this, get a service tech in to assist.

- DM

willkho

Really appreciate for the information. I've actually ordered a removalist with a box truck with tail lift.
Is the subtank-dishcharge function hidden? Honestly, I'm not too familiar with the menu/function yet.
For the pad ink tanks (the reservoirs beneath the Bottles), what do you normally use? Is dishwashing sponge (brand new) ok?
Once again, thank you very much.