• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 Take Up Reel | Need Replacement Cable

InkHead

My UCJV300 Take up Reel cable assembly was damaged when we transported to another location. The pins in the data cable that plug underneath the machine got all bent up and 1 pin broke off. Can anyone provide a part number for a replacement cable assembly with the serial type connection? I'm hoping their is a part number for the cable because the whole motor assembly is pretty expensive.

Last edited:

APCInk

Merchant Member
Unfortunately I'm not seeing this listed as a separate part in any of our service manuals, however I can shoot a message to Mimaki Support and then report back to you. One other option would be a used Take-up assembly complete with Cable. I'll have to check but we probably have a couple of units from JV150/300 units (which use the same assembly).

-DM

InkHead

My UCJV300 Take up Reel cable was damaged when we transported to another location. The pins in the data cable that plug underneath the machine got all bent up. Can anyone provide a part number for a replacement cable? If the cable can't be replaced, is there a part number for the take up motor housing with cable? Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not seeing this listed as a separate part in any of our service manuals, however I can shoot a message to Mimaki Support and then report back to you. One other option would be a used Take-up assembly complete with Cable. I'll have to check but we probably have a couple of units from JV150/300 units (which use the same assembly).

-DM
Hey! Please let me know what you find. Here is the pin that broke off completely. Others were bent and I was able to straighten those but it's no good with the broken pin.

Just need to make sure they have the same pin layout. Thanks!

20220823_083335.jpg

APCInk

Merchant Member
OK, so it does exist:

E107980 Take-up Drive Cable
Approx $45 USD

If you’d like us to order one for you, please get in touch with us at the office tomorrow. 855-927-2465 or orders@apcink.com

InkHead

Well the cable is on back order with Mimaki so I started searching around and figured I could just splice the wires and use a new adapter. $14 and a little splicing and screwing into a solderless adapter, and the take-up reel is working again. Here is what I used if anyone ends up breaking their pins

Screenshot_20220827_133457_Amazon Shopping.jpg