• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV330 Specs, Price, Etc.

Smoke_Jaguar

Just wondering if anyone has seen these in the wild yet? Seems pricing is still listed as TBB (but they show in stock and a 5-star rating, impressive). Not a lot to go on from the videos they've released recently and the spec sheet only goes into so much detail. If I were to guess, they seem to be using some kind of 8 channel head (maybe Brother Maxidrive series?) printheads based on the frame where the capping station is briefly shown. Color ink on left, white on right in both capping stations seems to hint at all 8 colors on both heads. Not sure about the newer Brother heads, but the DTG ones are a big pain in the butt to clean. The fabric wiper looks promising, has worked well in other printers, especially those with thicker inks. As to the pricing on the consumables and the lifespan, might be a small fortune in printer toilet paper to keep one running. Looking to supplement my early UCJV300-107 that was made way back in 2016, but really like the reliability and durability of the Ricoh Gen5/MH5430 heads.

Keeping an eye out for things like service manuals and the like as well and will post them as I go.

Attachments

• UCJV330Heads.png
    UCJV330Heads.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 93

Smoke_Jaguar

So my plan to jam most of a JFX200 into a UCJV300-160 is still financially viable!
At that price, they better toss in a slitter at the very least.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Smoke_Jaguar

Specs look pretty close on dimensions of head and what I can calculate off images and diagrams. Not seen any CJV330s in the wild either, but they seem to share a LOT. As UV gets more popular, seeing a lot more UV/Solvent heads out there. Used to be solvent for the higher density heads and the lower DPI industrial oil/UV printheads. Since it's the same inks, the heads are the things that are evolving, higher drive power and larger frequency bandwidths to adapt to the different viscosity of the inks.

Nice thing is the heads are pretty dang cheap in the grand scheme of things. Seeing around $900-1200 each for the 8-channel variety. Cheaper than even the CE4 that the UJF 3042/6042MKII uses, as those are around $550-650 for a 2 channel if going by price per channel. Also, with unlocked control boards in the wild for around $600, it's a pretty versatile head. Rumors of the UJF's successor are going around as well, if the thing can do good long droplet formation for gaps, we might see those making an appearance as well.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We're a Mimaki dealer but even we don't get much info until we sell one. They don't give access to tech manuals etc. until we have one in the field. I'm wondering if maybe they're using the Epson I3200 heads like the CJV330. That model also uses the toilet paper wipers.

User Manuals - https://mimaki.com/product/inkjet/print-cut/ucjv330-series/download-manual.html
Profiles - https://mimaki.com/product/inkjet/print-cut/ucjv330-series/download.html
How are the 330 series doing in general? Are they as reliable as the older machines were?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How are the 330 series doing in general? Are they as reliable as the older machines were?
So far so good. I have one customer who runs the heck out of it and he's loving it so far 1 year in. He put the XY slitter in the closet however. They make it an option now luckily.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
So far so good. I have one customer who runs the heck out of it and he's loving it so far 1 year in. He put the XY slitter in the closet however. They make it an option now luckily.
They're pricey machines. Worth it if the quality is still there but it's always a crapshoot with new models. Is it still unlocked so you can do in house repairs?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They're pricey machines. Worth it if the quality is still there but it's always a crapshoot with new models. Is it still unlocked so you can do in house repairs?
Yes! Technically there is a "secret" service mode but it's the same as prior models. Mimaki hasn't gone down the "special tech login credentials" path yet.

Smoke_Jaguar

Yeah, I run Mimaki because I can do pretty much everything in the machine without need for insane credentials, service programs, etc. Also, easier to decompile their firmware.

Seems the JV330, CJV330, TS330 and UCJV330 all share the same manual, so I think we're going to have the (A)queous, (U)V, and (S)olvent series of the i3200.

As for the slitters, are they at least decent for doing posters? We use a Summa S120T to perf them and pop them out. Major pain, but people won't stop ordering them.

Smoke_Jaguar

Is the i3200 the same head used in the current Epson eco solvent printers? Is it decent? Expensive?
It seems to be, street price is about $900-1200 each, and there are unlocked versions and decoder boards too. Used in a LOT of DTF printers.

Also, going off profile subtitle, Kibologist?