• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uh, wtf is going on here?

Chriswagner92

attachment.php

I'm having issues with flexi, more specifically the Arial font. It just replaces uppercase a's with random stuff. it actually took the text block I was typing up and started using that for the A. It doesn't do it in any other program. I have no idea what is going on with it, any help or hints would be great.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 103

Andriy

attachment.php

I'm having issues with flexi, more specifically the Arial font. It just replaces uppercase a's with random stuff. it actually took the text block I was typing up and started using that for the A. It doesn't do it in any other program. I have no idea what is going on with it, any help or hints would be great.

Outlining the text will probably fix it.:smile:

Chriswagner92

attachment.php

no dice, it does it as I type, doesn't even let me get an A. The bottom is converted to outlines, the one with the outline is... outlined

Attachments

• wtf 2.jpg
    wtf 2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88

RG

Maybe delete that font and re-install it. I've heard of font files getting corrupted, but luckily it has never happened to me.

Chriswagner92

Maybe delete that font and re-install it. I've heard of font files getting corrupted, but luckily it has never happened to me.

I wish I could, Client spec'd it. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling later, about to lock it up for the day.

When I say text block I meant artistic text, just hitting enter after each line.

shoresigns

I wish I could, Client spec'd it. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling later, about to lock it up for the day.

When I say text block I meant artistic text, just hitting enter after each line.

"We can use Arial if you want, but I would suggest switching it for something else. For example, Helvetica is 90% the same as Arial but looks more professional. Arial is the default on everyone's computer, so it makes it look like you got your secretary to design it in MS Word. It's also kind of ugly and I hate it."
"OK whatever"

Works all the time

Chriswagner92

"We can use Arial if you want, but I would suggest switching it for something else. For example, Helvetica is 90% the same as Arial but looks more professional. Arial is the default on everyone's computer, so it makes it look like you got your secretary to design it in MS Word. It's also kind of ugly and I hate it."
"OK whatever"

Works all the time

Its a corporate thing, whenever I do anything that doesn't have to follow corporate guidelines I never use aerial and try to stay away from Helvetica as well, but it never works

Pat Whatley

Followed by "Well my wife is a designer and she's the one who selected it. She went to school for graphic design so I'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing. Thanks for the advice Sign Monkey, I'm going to let the professional designer do her job, you just do yours."

I am asking my buddy who used to work here. You need to go in and redefine the character. There is a some combo of buttons in flexi that will take what you selected and change it to a text character. Happened the same to us but on Helvetica the a changed to an arrow.

Chriswagner92

LOL.
With outlining, he meant converting text to paths and not adding the stroke to the type.

Which is why I did both, you can't be too figurative around here. The Define Character thing worked, took a little effort to find a way to bring in the correct letter to define though, Flexi wouldn't even import an eps with the letter.

shoresigns

Followed by "Well my wife is a designer and she's the one who selected it. She went to school for graphic design so I'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing. Thanks for the advice Sign Monkey, I'm going to let the professional designer do her job, you just do yours."

I definitely choose my battles, but I don't get clients like that very often, luckily.

Chimuka

I think Big Easy refereed to this, what happens if you digitize an upper case A and then use the design character command, then select arial , and select A for the character and then replace the uppercase A?

Chriswagner92

I think Big Easy refereed to this, what happens if you digitize an upper case A and then use the design character command, then select arial , and select A for the character and then replace the uppercase A?

Thats essentially what I did. I had to bring in an A from Corel and replace it.