• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help UJF-3042 Reset Switch

Biggady

I've got a really frustrating issue with one of our original UJF-3042's. It will regularly pause during printing by flashing up the 'Reset Switch' message and then asking whether to continue printing or cancel. This will generally happen 2 or 3 times per bed and the 'Reset Switch' message will appear for a split second or a couple of seconds before asking to continue.
Naturally I assumed it was one of the switches so I've looped out / bypassed the cover switch, the emergency stop and the front bed cover switch (as far as I know the only 3 switches that can cause this error), but this did not solve the problem.
I then replaced the twisted pair cable between the slider relay and the slider pcb, and the twisted pair cable between the slider relay and the main board pcb, but still the problem remains.
I had a spare slider relay pcb so I've replaced that too - still no good.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what I could try next!

Vassago

Whilst I've not got that machine - I've had similar problems.. Usually 1 of 2 things.

1. Bad connectors - corrosion or a pin has been pushed back in the shell (very common)

2. A bad earth/gnd connection if the machine uses this configuration.

Easiest way to check is to disconnect wires from main board and use a multimeter to measure the resistance between the wires and also between the chassis. Both should be very low reading's - prob less than 10 ohms - but more lightly a dead short - zero ohms.

If its a high reading or it fluctuates if you move the machine - it's this issue.

To find it, just disconnect wires at sensors and check the resistance.

Biggady

Thanks for the reply Vassago.

I got there eventually - it was one of the ribbon cables that run from the slider relay board to the slider. There is one per head, so as far as I can tell absolutely nothing to do with the error message that was being displayed, but hey ho!

Cheers again.