• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF 3042FX White ink isn't opaque enough

paperstrategies

Anyone else have this issue? Running 2 overprints, White comes out blueish gray. I have LF-200 ink installed and I'm printing on a black substrate.

paperstrategies

I shake the cartridge everyday whether I print or not. White ink carts are brand new, and I've blown enough ink out to clear the lines of old Inks.

Ditchmiester

What resolution and pass level are you running. On our 6042 over black material we run 8 pass 3 overprint to get a nice opaque white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fares Bayazeed

Shaken, not Stirred. Sorry couldn't resist. Now let's get technical - The Titanium Dioxide in the white cartridge has a specific gravity 1.18 at 25℃. When a component has an SG greater than .999 it has a tendency to settle. It is not always the case because the SG of the other components of the ink have their own specific gravity. This is the case with this particular UV Curable Color. A co-worker said I need to mention Viscosity as well. I HATE it when he's right!

intercrown

I had problem with white on my UJF 6042 , but it was wrong measuring of remaining ink. I got gray print instead of white. I checked weight of cartriges , and replaced white , with new one. Still I was getting same problem.
Then I run command " INK FILL UP" on white only. After that it was fine.