• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ujf 3042mkii log files

JohnTom

Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out if I'm missing something. I've been asked to get the log files off the printer, but no matter what I try I've been unable to pull them off. If anyone has been able to do so, can you please pass along what mode you were booted into and what program you used to retrieve the file? And was it over USB or Ethernet? Any alternative ways to get them?

Sincerely,
JohnTom

JohnTom

Nevermind, finally figured it out with the help of a great Mimaki rep.

The software you use to retrieve the data has a tab for "Upload" and "Log Upload". (Again, confusing. Upload is to get from the machine, download is to send to it.)

If you try to use the "Log Upload" tab, it will try for a minute and then time out saying a communication error.

You need to use the "Upload" function and hold the ENTER key on the machine before you click "Upload !!", this will retrieve the log file. If you just click "Upload !!" it will send you the parameter file.