• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help UJF-6042 MkII Error: System Halt (1) 1e4:PCB STA4-1

joshcrunchy

Wednesday I shut down my machine for the day and came back to work to an error flashing on the screen. It comes back when I power the machine on and off.

SYSTEM HALT (1)
1e4: PCB STA4-1
COM TEST ERR/999

I checked the FFC located between the EPL3 main PCB and the Station IV PCB, and tested the fuses as well. I don't understand why boards would go out while not in use on a 2 year old machine. I have had nothing but problems since buying, multiple errors, already had to replace a head because it didn't work from day 1. Not too impressed with this brand or the support offered by the distributor.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't see that error in the tech manual. My best guess is the machine tried to do an auto cleaning while you were gone and the station board fried. Without any info on the error though I can't get much more detailed than that.

Edit: Just realized I wasn't looking at the MK2 version manual. Basically the station board is fried or the cable between it and the main board is disconnected. If the cable looks good, replace the board.

joshcrunchy

I don't see that error in the tech manual. My best guess is the machine tried to do an auto cleaning while you were gone and the station board fried. Without any info on the error though I can't get much more detailed than that.

Edit: Just realized I wasn't looking at the MK2 version manual. Basically the station board is fried or the cable between it and the main board is disconnected. If the cable looks good, replace the board.
Edited my original post, didn't realize it put an emoji in the middle of my error I typed out, oops.

Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I don't understand why a $500 board wouldn't last more than 2 years.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Edited my original post, didn't realize it put an emoji in the middle of my error I typed out, oops.

Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I don't understand why a $500 board wouldn't last more than 2 years.

You can try to find someone to fix the board. I've seen a couple people offering the service. A google search might bring up some options.

balstestrat

Problem Solver

You know it's not really $500 Board. You may pay that for it but in reality half of it is just profit, some is tax, transport, custom board design, custom components, custom firmware for it. They don't make hundreds of thousands of those so the price doesn't go down.

Shit happens, the printer is shaking all day long when working, there is heat and dirt, components fail, contacts fail, design faults, manufacturing faults. By quality it might just as well be same as $20 or $50 board.

zeek

Hello,

i have same issue how do you fix it ?

SYSTEM HALT (1)
1e4: PCB STA4-1
COM TEST ERR/999

Best regards