• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help UJF-6042 <Remote> changes to <Local> when printing from computer

DankBoiDex

Hi,

When printing a job remotely the machine brings the carriage forward to print, but then the machine stops and the display changes to <Local> and <Data Remain>. What does this mean? Are there any settings that we can change to fix this error?

Is there a diagnostic program available to run to determine errors in the UJF 6042 machine?

Thanks

scottyboy

Did anyone find out what was causing this issue? The same is happening to mine, seems to run OK first thing in morning but by late morning it keeps stopping! Thinking it may be humidity.

Forty One

Check your USB cables (or Cat6 cables) to ensure there's no issues.
Swap them over etc.
If you're running it through a Network/switch/hub etc, remove all these items and plug it directly into the computer.
try a different USB port

Basically, do all the cheapest and most direct solutions before calling in a tech and have them tell you its $5k plus to fix the machine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You should be able to just put it back into remote and it should start where it left off. I've usually seen this happen when there needs to be a firmware update.

COPYCENTER

anyone solve this problem? its happening again and again, to print a A4 y go to local like 20 times; its useless the machine rigth now >_<

Smoke_Jaguar

Never had the issue, so never done troubleshooting on it. Sometimes you just get stuck. If really desperate, maybe do a factory reset, or try seeing if booting into service mode helps. If you do the factory reset, expect a pain in the butt when it comes to the printer wanting to run ink charge/flush.

scottyboy

On my machine it turned out it was the chip for the primer, it was reading as 10 percent but bottle was almost full there is a glitch with the system so it doesn't think there's enough there to finish the print so goes to local, I just popped a new chip in and been running fine since.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i would guess, it is power management settings.
turn off piwer management on the pc sleep or hibernate >never

go to device manager, find your usb port go to properties>power management uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

it will periodically change itself back from windows update